Perhaps you are faced with the so-called emotional burnout syndrome (CMEA). Alas, this is not just a disease, it’s a cry for help from your body, which can no longer work to the limit.
Neurologist, neurologist-vegetology the highest category, head of Department of functional disorders clinic “Mosmed”.
What is it?
Let’s face it, you’re not alone. This problem about 80% of all the inhabitants of the metropolis. In translation with popular language on medical, this condition is associated with dysfunction of the nervous system, but rather with violation of adaptation. Suppose, before you can easily withstand more intense work schedule, at least during the week. And now blown away after a couple of days… the Doctors attribute this to the fact that in the case of the CMEA, the nervous system works so that you get excited quickly, but the slow down is the perfect time… what used to protect you from overloading (the ability to prioritize, dismiss you unnecessary problems and emotions, rationality), departs on the second plan. The result is you lose the skills of managing their time, are unable to build up to the day, time to stop, to rest. We emphasize: “cannot”, not “do not want”.
Where does it come from?
Provokes the development of the CMEA chronic stress. The reasons for its development, the inhabitants of the big city abound: features of professional activity and long overload, and family turmoil… it is women who are faced with burnout syndrome more often than men. Representatives of a strong half of mankind rarely gets a choice between career and family, while we always have to balance between professional development and duties of a homemaker. This significantly increases the tension and increases the risks for burnout.
How to check yourself?
For starters, try to assess your current lifestyle. Doctors advise to pay attention to their health if:
- in the evening, to relieve stress, you drink a glass of wine;
- in order to sleep, take a soothing herbal preparations;
- you have a limited range of interests that were previously familiar. For example, you stopped reading books before bed, though it was a daily ritual;
- you became longer at work. Due to the increase in internal anxiety perform the usual workload for a longer time;
- you have unwarranted fears;
- too emotionally react to any events: often offense, quickly getting out of yourself or Vice versa for a long time wind up;
- bothering you unmotivated sweating, small changes in blood pressure, frequent headaches;
- eat a lot of sweet food, thus attempting to compensate for the missing resources;
- he was more likely to catch a cold;
- even after rest feeling tired.
How is it treated?
Many believe that such “nonsense” to ask for help to the doctors just a shame… it Does! In the Arsenal of doctors there are many techniques that will help you learn to relieve stress. To those, for example, is the method of biofeedback biofeedback nervous system. You will demonstrate what happens in the body during severe stress, as well as teach various methods to manage their condition (movement, music, visual imagery, massage, and smell). Subsequently, you will be able to use all these skills to relieve physical or emotional tension.
I need therapy?
You might need the help of the therapist. It is appropriate when you seem to understand that to drink alcohol and to eat at night, but continue to do so. This condition doctors call intrapersonal conflict to get out of it, you need to understand the true motives that affect your emotions and behavior. And they can be buried very deep.
How to prevent SAV?
The resources of our nervous system is not limitless. You have to learn when to replenish them. And to draw upon resources you need from healthy sources, not from bad habits and sports activities, trips, Hobbies, socializing with friends, visiting theaters and concerts. Plan your leisure as you plan your work schedule. Thus the more diverse are the sources of resources, the more efficiently will run your nervous system.
What if you realized that everything is about you?
- First, pay attention to the regime in your ordinary day — it must be moments of relaxation.
- Break your day not into two parts (before lunch and after lunch), and into blocks of 2-3 hours between which plan the 15-minute break. This mode of work is not in line with our biological rhythms, gives an opportunity to track the mistakes made and enhances creativity.
- Learn to switch. During the day it is important to monitor their level of energy and in accordance with it to switch to those or other problems. In particular, in periods of high efficiency carry out tasks that require planning, strategizing, creation. In periods of decline forces do chores: clean the mail, sort files, etc.
- Pick exercises that you can perform in the breaks between work. Any movement activates motor areas of the brain, giving you the opportunity to relax areas responsible for complex thought processes.
- “Stay with me” at the beginning and at the end of the day. To start and finish your day you need in silence. Turn off the computer and TV, put all the responsibilities of family and work. Enjoy a rare period of “doing nothing”, take a walk, read a book, listen to relaxing music.