Phil Heath is a famous American bodybuilder. His training program will help create the perfect body. Her feature – on training working on only one muscle group. What exercises should be performed in order to achieve a positive result?
Program Phil Heath is almost similar to the training of ordinary athletes. Bodybuilder won in the competitions of different class and level, received the title of Mr. Olympia in the 2011-2017 year. So it’s safe to say that this man knows a lot about the sport.
Program Phil shares all the muscle groups in 5 parts, training which should be held separately. It looks like this:
- Monday – chest muscles.
- Tuesday – thighs.
- Wednesday – back muscles.
- Thursday – shoulders.
- Friday – the muscles of the arms.
Phil Heath prefers small weights aerobic exercise. For the proper development of the muscles of the arms, the bodybuilder performs the following exercises:
- Push UPS – 100 times.
- The extension of the hands in the slope – 3-10.
- Bending with a barbell – 3 at the 30.
- Use the rope on the block. Repeat exercise 3 for 10.
- Flexion with a dumbbell in a sitting and reclining position – 3 sets 10 times.
For chest muscles Phil recommends these exercises:
- Bench press on a flat bench in the supine position – 4-10. On the slant – 4 for 10.
- Breeding dumbbells in different directions. It should be in the supine position on a flat bench. Perform 4 sets of 10 times.
For the back muscles fit the following exercises:
- Classic pull-UPS. Make 5-7 of approaches for the maximum number of times.
- Thrust in the slope – 7 to 8.
- Hyperextension – up to 7 approaches on 10 repetitions.
- Pull the top and bottom of the block to the chest – 5 sets of 10 times.
- Deadlift sumo – 3 times for 8-12 sets.
For pumping biceps:
- Isolated flexion of the hands with a barbell. Perform in sitting position 6 sets of 8 times.
- Bending hands with a barbell. Make 4 to 10.
- “The hammer” – 4 sets of 10.
- Bending of hands with dumbbells in a seated position on a bench 45 degrees – 4 sets of 10.
For pumping triceps Phil performs the following exercises:
- Bench press narrow grip – 4-10.
- The extension arms on the upper block – 4-10.
- Press on the bars. Perform 3-4 sets maximum number of times.
Selection exercises for the shoulder band:
- The military press in a seated position – 3 at 8-10.
- Lifting dumbbells in different directions, double. Do 3 sets of 8-10.
- Lifting dumbbells in front of the building AC – 3 at 8-10.
- Double bench free weights in a seated position – 3 for 12.
- Bench press bar towards the chin. Do standing 3 to 12.
- Lift free weights in front of the building AC – 3 at 10.
For the relief of quadriceps perform these exercises:
- Bench foot – 3-10.
- Squats using barbell – 3 at 8-10.
- Leg extension – 4 x 10.
- Lunges – 3-10.
- Bending the legs in supine position – 3 for 10.
- Gakk-squats – 3-10.
- The leg extension in a sitting position – 4-10.
For training hip:
- Sumo deadlifts – 6 to 8.
- Bending only one leg in a standing position – 6-8.
- Hyperextension – 6 to 8.
For calf muscles:
- Flattening the lower leg unit in a sitting position – 3 at 12-20.
- Lifting on socks on the block. Perform in a standing position – 3 sets / 14-20 times.
- Lifting on socks in the slope. Also an exercise called “donkey”. Perform 3 to 10.
Used to press giant set 3-4 sets of 20-30 times. The complex consists of:
- Ordinary twists.
- Leg lifts in the supine position on the bench.
- Exercise “scissors”.
- Lifting of feet in vise.
Nutrition when training Phil Heath
When executing the program of training Phil Heath needs to follow a proper diet, without which it would be difficult to achieve a positive result. It is not necessary to consume foods that have a lot of chemistry. You should eat 6 times a day. 5 meals should be complete, in addition another method is a protein or a weight gainer that can be used after the training process.
Diet looks like this:
- Breakfast will be served until 9 am. It consists of 6 egg whites, oatmeal and a glass of water. Use these supplements: glutamine, vitamin C, BCCA, omega 3 and 6.
- Lunch – steak with rice and broccoli.
- Lunch – chicken, asparagus, brown rice.
- Dinner will be served at 7 PM. You can eat a cut of meat, white rice and spinach.
- Snack before bed – fish with broccoli.
Phil Heath is trying to cut the consumption of calories before competition. Helps aerobics and decrease the amount of carbs to a hundred grams per day during the seven days before the performance. The lack of carbohydrate to compensate for brown rice and vegetables.
It is recommended to eat protein foods: chicken, veal, seafood.
Ten days before the speech Phil adheres to high carbohydrate diet. While it increases the amount of carbs to 150-200 grams.
Sportsman gives the following recommendations:
- Sometimes you can afford to eat junk food: hamburger, pizza, etc. should Not be too to control the diet, but do not relax.
- If you adhere to proper nutrition, is possible for minimum time to gain muscle mass and lose weight.
- It is important to combine diet and regular exercise.
The training program Phil Heath and proper nutrition will make your body perfect. The main thing – to develop a clear plan and stick to it.