Narine Avanesyan S.
PhD, obstetrician-gynecologist medical center “Atlas”
The possibility of the female body to carry and give birth to the child depends on the General state of health, adaptive capacity, and the presence or absence of comorbidities. When detected, it is very important to choose the right treatment and get rid of them, at least — to smooth out the changes. The smaller the expectant mother health problems, the more chances of a successful pregnancy and successful childbirth.
Pregnancy and subsequent childbirth — a heavy load for the body which can cause exacerbation of any inactive disease. For example, after 33-36 years, many women increases the risk of diabetes. Also increases with age, the number of endocrine diseases, found a low production of hormones needed for a healthy pregnancy, increasing the number of somatic pathologies. All these unfavourable factors greatly complicate the gestation of the fetus and future delivery. However, a married couple after 30 years, as a rule, to consciously approach the birth of children, pass a full examination and, accordingly, at the time of pregnancy know more about their health status.
The safe pregnancy and a healthy birth requires thoughtful consideration of both partners. Half of success in conception is dependent on men, so joint training is an important and responsible process, which is recommended to start at least 3-4 months prior to conception. Modern medicine allows you to comprehensively prepare for pregnancy and childbearing, to carry out preventive measures aimed at the prevention of possible complications. Of course, there is evidence that after 35-38 years significantly increases the risk of fetal chromosomal abnormalities, but today there are various methods which at different stages to identify the pathology of the fetus and thereby allow to take timely and appropriate action to take as a future mom under maximum control.
Genetic testing in the planning phase of the child
When planning a baby can undergo genetic testing with follow-up genetics counseling. The genetic test will show the status of the carriers of monogenic diseases in the carriage nothing serious, but if both parents are carriers of the same disease, the risk of having a child with this disease increases up to 25% (the most frequent hereditary diseases include myopia, colour blindness and hemophilia). The doctor-geneticist will collect a thorough medical history, be sure to clarify whether burdened by heredity, someone in the family or the children were born with congenital diseases on the one side or the other, and the results will be forecast and provide recommendations to optimize the lifestyle to prospective parents.
Advanced cecapi at the planning stage
Currently, many clinics offer services for joint training couples to conceive a child, the further management of pregnancy and preparation for childbirth. A comprehensive survey allows us to take timely measures to prevent the development of disease, will give confidence to your health and will help to responsibly prepare for the new status of the parents. In the integrated Cacapa may include:
- detailed recommendations for optimizing lifestyle and preparing for pregnancy;
- tests: clinical and biochemical blood tests, urinalysis, tumor markers, studies on STIs, gynecological tests for women and semen analysis for men;
- investigations: electrocardiography, ultrasound of the great vessels and internal organs;
- consultations of the therapist, Laura, ophthalmologist, gynecologist, urologist and a neurologist.
Non-invasive prenatal test for early pregnancy
Non-invasive prenatal test allows early on to find out about potential deviations. Since 9 weeks of pregnancy, it may reveal such pathologies as down’s syndrome, Patau or Edwards, but also to determine the sex of the unborn child. To conduct NIPT, which you can do with IVF, ICSI, surrogacy and pregnancy using donor eggs is enough to take 10 ml of venous blood women. Within 8 days after the blood draw, the laboratory will provide the baby’s DNA and get it tested, and the accuracy of the study will be more than 99%.
Screening ultrasound and more research during pregnancy
The development of medical equipment, in particular devices for ultrasonic research allows to detect deviations, identify defects and provide timely assistance. During pregnancy are several screening ultrasound. The first 12-13 weeks, the second — in 19-21, the third at the period of 30-32 weeks, it’s three global screening tests, which are mandatory. Such additional studies as gemostaziogramma, biochemistry, ECGs, smears on flora, crops and TORCH-infections can be prescribed by the attending physician as needed on an individual basis.
The individual nutrition during pregnancy and in the period of GW
Based on the security of the mother’s body with vitamins, micro and macronutrients, the composition of the intestinal microbiota, genetic characteristics and dietary habits dietitians and nutritionists develop for the mother a special diet that helps to provide her body with the right nutrients. A special meal plan can be a period of breast-feeding: it is aimed to help in restoring the body after childbirth and to provide the baby with maximum nutrients for healthy development.
Practical advice for moms of any age
- Go consult a physician and gynecologist.
- To normalize the power. Forced starvation due to dieting is stress to the body while under stress the reproductive system is not a priority.
- To exclude excessive exercise. Supporting sports is not able to cause problems with conception and carrying, but heavy physical activity should be abandoned.
- Any drugs should be taken only after consultation of the doctor.
- 2-3 months prior to conception to stop the use of oral contraceptives and remove intrauterine device if available.
- The woman and her partner need to cure existing infections, sexually transmitted.
- Before conceiving it is recommended to visit the dentist and get treatment if necessary. A visit to the dentist is necessary to determine the state of the oral cavity and eliminating foci of chronic infection as during pregnancy a woman’s body gives a lot of strength and foci of infection are a direct risk of acute diseases or complications. The same recommendation applies to ENT.
- Following a healthy lifestyle. In addition to a balanced diet, it includes regular moderate activity in the fresh air and restful sleep.
Hussein Haisam Mahmoud
urologist medical center “Atlas”
Practical advice for fathers of any age
- Regular sexual life. Daily ejaculation improves sperm quality, reduced DNA fragmentation.
- Do not use lubricants. Various lotions and gels can reduce sperm motility.
- Healthy diet. Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. It is important to maintain a stable body weight in the range of normal values, since overweight decreases the number and motility of sperm (10 kg plus or minus 10%).
- Sports. Include physical activity in daily routine.
- To prevent overheating of the scrotum. It is better to refuse from tight underwear. In the sedentary lifestyle it is recommended to take breaks to warm up. In the period leading up to conception, you should refrain from visiting the baths, saunas, hot tubs and Solarium, and gadgets it is best to keep away from the waist level.
- Getting rid of bad habits. Alcohol, nicotine and drugs directly affect the reproductive system and lead to the birth of sick children.
- To avoid stressful situations. Chronic stress impairs sexual function and disrupts the production of hormones necessary for normal spermatogenesis.