Share in WhatsApp
Warm-up and stretching exercises before training
- What is warm up and how to spend it?
- Workout for weight loss: how to warm up?
- Articular exercises
- Dynamic exercises
- Warm up before stretching
Any exercise should begin with warm-up. The body needs to be prepared to perform hard physical exercises. If this is not done, will increase the risk of injury and reduce the effectiveness of the training. The lack of warm-up the body can respond to deterioration of health during exercise and severe pain in the muscles afterwards.
What is warm up and how to spend it?
Warm-up is a preliminary part of the training, which prepares for the upcoming high loads not only the musculoskeletal system but also the whole body. During the warm-up in the body the following changes occur:
- quickens the pulse, dilates blood vessels, improves blood supply to skeletal muscles;
- increases ventilation of the lungs to the tissues and cells get more oxygen;
- the temperature of the muscles, they become more elastic and susceptible to stress;
- release adrenaline — a hormone that helps to actively train;
- the nervous system goes into the excited state, improves concentration.
Warm-up has a psychological effect: it sets up the athlete for a workout, switch his attention from everyday concerns to exercise.
Usually warm-up takes no more than 15 minutes, but in some cases can last longer — up to 45 minutes. The first part of the warm-up — preparation — consists of exercises, warming the entire body as a whole. In the course of their work begins to work more actively cardiovascular system, improves blood circulation in the muscles, speeds up the metabolism. Followed by a special part of warm-up, during which warming up specific muscle groups. Warm up those muscles that will be actively involved during the subsequent workout. The emphasis is on stretching. If the warm-up precedes strength training, can run standard strength exercises, but with less operating weight.
Workout for weight loss: how to warm up?
If the training purpose — weight loss, warm-up should prepare the body for the upcoming load and contribute to a more intense lipolysis during the main part of the workout. Better to start with spins, swings and flexion-extension of the limbs. You can use the following selection of exercises:
- Neck: rotate head in a circle with gradually increasing amplitude, rotations and head tilts.
- Shoulders: rotate the shoulders forward and back down along the body hands.
- Upper limbs: arms bending at the elbows, swing rotation of forearms, the warm-up brush with a circular motion, with hands to pull forward parallel to the floor.
- Body: turns and tilts to the side, bends the back backward, forward bends, circular movements of the pelvis.
- Lower extremity: squats, leg swings, knees to the stomach, the rotation of the feet, stretching of the anterior thigh by throwing their leg back (foot pulled by hand to the buttocks).
The body is worked from the top down — from the neck to the feet. The movement in each direction is repeated 10-15 times. Having finished this part of the training, you have to gradually accelerate the pulse to values that correspond to the area of the weight reduction from 110 to 130 beats per minute. This is done by jumping and running. The pace increases gradually. Warm-up using cardio given 5-7 minutes and the whole workout takes 10-15 minutes.
The purpose of the exercise may be weight loss, muscle development, improved flexibility, increased endurance, etc. Regardless of the type of workout, the workout should include elements of joint exercises. Before exposing the joint to high loads, they need heat. If this is not done, it is possible to joint dislocation or ligament damage. Preheating makes the joints more flexible, increasing your range of motion, as a result, the exercise becomes more comfortable and productive. Exercises joint exercises — a variety of spins, bends, backbends and twists. Here are some examples:
- Stand up straight, extend arms forward. Rotate the brush in the wrist joint: first inside, then out.
- Standing, bend your elbows and lower the brushes on the shoulders. To make circular movements in the shoulder joints forward and backwards.
- Standing up, bend at the waist and tilt your body to the left. To accompany the slope of the exhalation. Stretch on the inhale. Lean to the right.
- Get on all fours. Inhale and bend your back, reaching up the top of the head and the coccyx. On the exhale, arch your back arch. Head drop.
You need to start with a warm-up of the cervical spine and gradually descend down to consistently working through the joints of the hands, lower spine, hip, knee and ankle joints.
Another mandatory component of any workout — cardio complex. They run rapidly with a gradual increase in tempo. This is a very effective way of warming up the body before strength training, Jogging, aerobics and other sports activities. With cardio, you can quickly tone the blood vessels, heart and lungs, improve circulation, warm up muscles and speed up metabolism.
Most often, dynamic warm-up uses running. It can be run at a leisurely pace down the street or, if training takes place indoors, running in place, in a circle, on a treadmill. Equally effective jumping. You can jump in queue with two feet, on the right and left leg, then perform jumping from a squat position, make a series of jumps on the spot with high knee lift and jump several times across the bench. If the home is a jump rope, you can use it to warm up. But too zealous not to be: a warm up should not tire.
Warm up before stretching
Stretching myself is part of the warm-up. And before running, and before weight training athletes often do dynamic stretches to improve muscle elasticity and improve joint flexibility. But stretching practice as a separate type of training that develops body flexibility. How to warm up pre-workout stretching? First, you can do joint exercises, and then perform several stretching exercises for different muscle groups.
Perform warm-up stretching to smoothly and gently, not trying to stretch to the limit. Can you do deep lunges: step far forward with one leg and sit down, lowering the knee of the back leg to the floor. In the position of the lunge need popoint pelvis gently up and down. You can run the springing inclinations forward in the sitting position with closed or divorced legs. Similarly, you may want to stretch before weight training in the gym, before gym and home workouts for weight loss.
Uses photographs Shutterstock