Pull the T-neck is a basic exercise for the back. It allows you to work on the broadest muscle and get a great posture, broad back, and variety in training. Cravings can be done, securing a regular fretboard in a particular way or in a simulator, which is available in some rooms. The movement is rarely the first in the power back training, but some bodybuilders prefer this craving, because they feel better back in her. The technique exercises with the usual neck and in the simulator is different. There are different models of simulators – where the athlete stands, his feet in the stands, or lies, based on a special cushion on his stomach and his feet touch the supports.
- 1 Correct technique
- 1.1 Preparation
- 1.2 Movement
- 1.3 Attention
- 1.4 Recommendations
- 2 Options exercise
- 3 Analysis exercises
- 3.1 Advantage exercises
- 3.2 Contraindications
- 3.3 Recommendations
- 4 Training lifehack
The correct technique
First, we need to take the starting position so that your palms and shoulders were in the same plane. You can draw a little already, but more – usually should not be. The wider setting of the hands with the institution of the elbows behind the back moves the load vector bundles on the rear deltoids. If the rear Delta behind, is the goal really to load it together with the rhomboid and latissimus, you can use the wider setting of the hands. If necessary, the isolated works on the muscles of the back, the load shift at the widest, just doing enough in the projection of “hand-shoulder”.
If the simulator is a machine with vertical staging, you need to plant the feet in the pedals and perform a simple forward bend, taking the handle with your hands. Then you need to perform a slight extension of the hull, and a little to rise up. Then the angle will be optimal for running exercises.
- Due to the screed blades to each other is made a start, cut the muscles of the back;
- Hands, gradually bring the handle of the exerciser toward the abdomen;
- At the top is the peak contraction of the muscles and their maximum strain;
- Then the handle of the exerciser is gently lowered down;
- Complete the required number of repetitions, being careful not to drop the load and perekrashivat case, not to help yourself through back extension
The elbows in this exercise, you work much like in the thrust rod in the slope, that is removed back to the midline of the body or a little further.
Pull back a little easier if unconsciously not to take the starting position that many athletes choose to deadlift, that is not to pull by lifting the chest and head. Try to keep the crown in the same plane with the spine, and unbend your knees during exercise
You should not do:
- Too much rounding of the back in the thoracic and lumbar. For some athletes, easier to pull, if they do tilt body forward stronger and round the back significant. Typically, these athletes are pulling the classic deadlift with curvatures in the thoracic spine. In powerlifting it is not considered a technical error, whereas in bodybuilding it is not recommended, as it can take the weight off the back muscles and put it on the trapezius muscle;
- Work the biceps. If the athlete begins the movement by reducing the biceps, it can preferentially load only it, and not to work out back muscles completely. In this case, the burden shifts to the biceps and forearm, and the targeted muscles are not working. Of course, a bit of “lapping” back there, but it can not be considered a sufficient load for a full workout;
- Exercise using the ultimate and supremely weights. This approach allows not only to overload, but not is working muscles, but it can cause injury of the ligamentous apparatus.
Many trainers recommend to increase the amplitude due to the deep inclination of the case forward, and in this way increase the load on the latissimus dorsi. It will help to work the muscle group that should be the main exercise, but not suitable for people with limited movement in the hip joints;
The neck on the trajectory of the need to move smoothly, without jerks, so that the muscles got load, and ligaments remain in a safe position and not perekrestivshis;
It is prohibited to “reset” the neck down, from the working position
- Thrust T-neck with a broad hand. Removes from the path of movement of the biceps and involves the widest, and the back of the Delta does not allow you to work with your hands. Not recommended for those who have had the anguish of the rear beam deltoid muscle or injury of the shoulder joint;
- Pull narrow grip. The option that the people have earned the reputation of traction on the biceps. Contributes to the elaboration of the muscles of the back and hands, and creates an increased amplitude;
- The thrust from the prop on a bench exerciser, she “thrust lying”. Need trainer with a pillow on which to build the abdomen or the chest. Or this movement is performed based on a conventional shop. You need to collect the blade and tighten the two halves of the back to the spine, otherwise the movement is similar to a conventional deadlift. The point here is to maximize the isolation of the muscles of the back, and drawn exclusively by it, not your hands;
- The option of the usual Olympic fingerboard, pinned in the corner, or have a power rack with weights. Next to the fingerboard is attached to the handle of the upper block, or V-shaped handle, and the pull is about the same technique, which was described above. The point is that the guitar was stable, and not moved to the right and to the left along the axis of the spine.
Movement is a basic, comprehensive. It involves almost all the muscles of the upper body. The latissimus dorsi and rhomboid are the main propulsion. Large round and deltoid help movement, and breast contribute to the rise of the chest and the adoption of a vertical position throughout the exercise.
In addition to this work the biceps and forearm muscles, as well as the press as a stabilizer. All this suggests a complex exercise involving the whole body.
The advantage of exercise
The most biomechanically close movement is the pull rod in the slope. Training load is distributed in a similar way, but to pull the T-Grif safer, since the trajectory is set by the simulator. It makes the movement accessible to newcomers, which is difficult to work out the back with free weights.
Meanwhile, the trajectory T-neck is not as tight as in a lever or a block simulator, and therefore allows you to learn how to perform a thrust in the slope correctly. There is evidence that this simple mechanism involve more muscles than the isolated thrust to a belt supported by a pillow.
The movement allows you to train people with different levels of fitness, and the load can be varied, making the exercise available to both experienced athletes and beginners.
In this exercise, harder to get hurt than with a free barbell. Most athletes complain just for the discomfort of the grip, but if you use a substantial weight weights, it makes sense to solve the problem by means of straps.
Usually the contraindications to secrete hernia or injury of the lumbar spine. In principle, the set of contra-indications more broadly. Not recommend this rod and for hernias in the thoracic, because it can cause displacement of the vertebrae if performed improperly. For those who have injuries or not over the rehabilitation period, it is recommended thrust dumbbells to his belt lying face down on the bench, or the same movement with a barbell or bodybare.
- The exercise is performed in a markedly slow pace. Traction performed by screed blades and tension of the back muscles, reducing back but not at the expense of the jerk by hands;
- Pushing the rod to the stomach and throws, to “disperse” the projectile are not allowed. To perform the movement with cheating is not recommended, especially for the prone position. When the separation of the thorax from the pillow of the simulator and “throwing” shoulder girdle up can cause injury of the lumbar spine;
- If the athlete is not able to keep the abdominal wall, and “pushes” the weight due to the push of the anterior abdominal wall, he should wear a belt;
- It is not recommended to work without the wrist straps if grip is weak and the concentration it takes to hold the projectile;
- Exercise should not start with a huge weight that an athlete can’t pull without cheating;
- Feet should rest on the exerciser in a natural position. Dilute socks in hand, to the center of gravity is not shifted forward.
A special device can replace the conventional neck, pinned in a corner, or in the power frame. To start, put the pancake on the rod, and place free from the damn end of the fretboard in the corner to secure it in a stable position. From the top you can place a plate or dumbbell to a bar prigruzka, and he couldn’t move. Pull is comfortable, placing on the neck of handle for a simulator cable traction.
Otherwise, include this exercise in order to diversify the training program, and time to relax from the routine of the thrust rod to the belt.