Thrust dumbbells to his belt helps to correct muscle imbalances and develop the back. Through the use of dumbbells this is an opportunity to balance development of muscles, and to learn how to pull equally with both halves of the back. This is a key movement for the relief of back, developed a wide and balanced posture. You can perform a substantial weight, and light weights. Exercise is the heritage of bodybuilding of the old school, and is performed by many athletes on a regular basis.
- 1 Types of rods and working muscles
- 2 Pull one dumbbell
- 2.1 On incline bench
- 2.2 Errors during exercises
- 3 Pull two dumbbells to the belt
- 3.1 Thrust dumbbells to his belt lying on the bench
- 3.2 Error
- 4 Secrets pulls with dumbbells
- 4.1 Right angles
- 4.2 the position In which the dumbbell rests
- 4.3 Thrust one hand in the slope
- 4.4 Weight
- 5 Possible problems
- 6 Stretching
- 7, the Thrust from the breeding of elbows
The types of rods and working muscles
Thrust differ in the type taken by the athlete starting position:
- Thrust in the slope without support;
- The emphasis on one knee on the bench;
- With the support of my bench, horizontal or inclined
The main working muscle in all kinds of pull back, for wide. The movement involves also the rhomboids, trapezius, and biceps, plus the muscle of the forearm. The press acts as a stabilizer, static work of the muscles of the legs and buttocks. There are some features exercise.
Thrust in the slope without support is a complete analogue of the thrust rod in the slope standing up. The only difference is that through the use of dumbbells, the athlete can completely balance the two halves of the back. Enough to actively engage the press, to eliminate the distortions. Option when one half of the pull weight, and the other performs the auxiliary work is excluded.
Pull in focus on the bench demands from the athlete a decent stretch, and skill alignment of the body due to the static tension of the abdominal muscles. Imbalances in the pelvis, curvature of the lumbar spine, and the preferential development of one half of the back can cause problems with the movement.
The thrust from the prop on the bench – an analogue of the thrust T of the fretboard, but with the exception of the axial load. Can be used for physical rehabilitation and for those athletes, who for health reasons can not perform the other of horizontal thrust. Contrary to popular belief, can be performed when the intervertebral hernias and protrusions, but only with the light weight weights and in a controlled manner.
Pull one dumbbell
Pull one dumbbell with support on the bench can vary according to the complexity of the exercise. It depends on the amplitude. If the athlete is moving at full amplitude, and rests on a horizontal bench, seat which is parallel to the floor, his attraction will be the maximum amplitude. The use of a support stand with dumbbells or a bench with inclined backrest reduces the amplitude, and allows you to work with easy cheating. This is not always possible, but can be used as an option exercise for an athlete of high class, with significant muscle mass.
Starting position – stand with dumbbell in hand, the focus of the tibia on the bench, and with the support of the free hand of the same name. The pelvis must be aligned pelvic bone to be in the same plane with the plane parallel to the floor. If there is a misalignment in the pelvis need to move the pivot arm so that he disappeared. The same applies to the shoulders of the athlete at the start, they should be in the same plane.
For taking the initial position the hand with the weights lower down. Back is stretched, while the offset legs, and the pelvis should not be. Because athletes intermediate level and beginners should not take too heavy dumbbells.
Then start to bring the shoulder blade toward the spine, and this reduces latissimus dorsi. Next, turn on the biceps hands to bring the dumbbell to the waist. Performs the necessary repetition, and changing direction.
In bodybuilding, it is customary to perform this exercise with the same weight on both halves of the back. In the physical rehabilitation options, in which a weight can be smaller spazmirovannah half, or does the movement is in one direction only, but with a minimal number of sets and repetitions.
The exercise is quite difficult and is usually performed 10 reps of 3-4 approaches with a work weight.
Important: the rotation around the axis of the spine with skid dumbbell behind your back it is better to avoid. This takes the load off of the muscles, and allows you to raise a force of inertia. This approach in bodybuilding is not valid. If the athlete still chooses the cheating, he should pay attention to the position of the hips and pelvic bones. Misalignment in the pelvis – to-one signal that is selected too heavy a weight.
On incline bench
The peculiarity of this version, the starting position is that there is no a universal algorithm for its adoption. The athlete must find the optimal inclination of the back, and to stand so that his back was arched, but the increased load on the lumbar was not. The correct starting position is the symmetrical position of the pelvis. Bias means that part of the load when lifting weight will not work the muscles of the back and feet, which is unacceptable.
The back of an inclined bench set at an angle of 30 degrees, and rely on her forearm, the knee is on the seat. Must be completely comfortable, no pain in the lumbar or feeling of twisting. Take the dumbbell from the floor independently or mounted on the seat, and shoot with that hand.
The thrust runs in a classic manner. Of the free visa athlete begins to bring the shoulder blade toward your spine and strain the back. Then he lowers the dumbbell to the starting position and repeats. The number of sets and repetitions on both halves of the back are identical.
Errors during exercises
A technical error in both cases, the exercises are similar:
- Nod or lowering the head down. If the athlete brings the chin to the chest, it creates unnecessary tension in the cervical spine, which can lead to injury. With his head down hard to pull the weight through the muscles, many use inertia;
- The dumbbell is not moving to the belt and to his chest. This means that included a lot of extra muscle – hand too much bent at the elbow, the athlete controls the operation of the widest and draws exclusively with a jerk. Sometimes you can see how athletes avert the forearm perpendicular to the axis of the spine, and reach through the rear beam deltoid muscle. If it is not intended, it should be understood that the load from the back to remove;
- Weight rises with a jerk. Too high temp, strong repulsion feet from the floor, and turn around the axis of the spine – the main reasons that an athlete can not efficiently work the muscles. It may cause injury if the weight is too heavy, and permanently incapacitate. Most often, when such a technique, there is a spasm of the trapezius muscle, overload it, and soreness in the area of a trapezoid, neck and nape;
- Back athlete’s round, it’s impossible to reach support. This option is the lack of stability in the lumbar spine. It can lead to serious injury, and cause of the fact that the athlete ceases to control their body position. The option of round the back “working”, mainly the biceps and the trapezium, because he should refuse. If the back is rounded, you should try a higher footing;
- Tremor reference arms and legs. They often say that it is a weak muscle, but the problem may be caused by the fact that the athlete simply does not know how to control the body’s position in space, and transfers too much weight on the reference side. The problem may be caused by the imbalance of the training plan, that is congestion of the legs, and core muscles;
- Start with biceps. This motion almost completely excludes the back from the work. It “steals” the load from the rhomboid muscles, and leads to the fact that an athlete shakes hands only. For getting rid of the problem I propose to focus on bringing the shoulder blades to the spine. You can visualize your hand as a hook or support, which simply records the weight
Pull two dumbbells to the belt
Exercise is reminiscent of the thrust rod in the slope standing up. If the athlete is able to fulfill this craving, his task simplified. It is sufficient to choose the weight of dumbbells. Exercise allows you to work out the back, and does not overload leg muscles. It is technically easier than the rod with a prop on the bench, as it requires almost no stretch.
When receiving the starting position it is important to perform the grip so that the dumbbell hangs in the fingers of the athlete. The grip should be same on both sides. The athlete performs a slight tilt forward, the universal starting – tilt back about 45 degrees. Then you need to slightly bend your knees to stand it was comfortable, and the load is not left in the hamstrings.
Further, the exercise is performed by reducing the blades, so the start happens to bring the scapula to the spine, then bring the dumbbells to the belt. Elbows move in a plane parallel to the spine. To take the forearm perpendicular to the spine is not recommended. The exercise is performed smoothly, the movement should not be torn or rynkowym. Biceps bent just enough to bring the dumbbell up to waist level.
This exercise can be performed in an “on balance”, that is, pull one dumbbell in the slope to the belt. This is a more rare option, it is used in strength sports to balance work half of the back of the athlete. In bodybuilding this is fairly rare, but it makes sense if the athlete is difficult to perform with thrust rod in the slope and it tends to stretch too sharply during the movement of the rod to the belt.
Thrust dumbbells to his belt lying on the bench
In this embodiment, the backrest is set so that the athlete could bring the dumbbell to the belt due to the tension of the widest back muscles. The task is more complicated since the legs only rely on the floor and pulling weight due to a small back extension will not work. Many believe that cravings analogue thrust T-neck, but it is not so. The weights are distributed quite evenly, and because it turns out to develop muscles harmoniously.
To run this option enough to make the slope 30 degrees, to lie on the bench stomach, taking dumbbells, and bring them to the belt, simultaneously pulling the scapula towards the spine and reducing back muscles. Biceps don’t have to pull the weight alone, start going through the information of the blades and reduce the widest. In this exercise, additionally, a rhomboid muscle, trapezius off but due to the focus and stabilization.
Insufficient slope of the hull. At too high an inclination to transfer part of the load on the trapezius muscle. This leads to the fact that spin will be elaborated enough. The same thing happens and when the athlete actively “pulls” the body, performing small amplitude rises;
Too much weight. If the athlete can not make blades in any case, thrust in the slope, the weight is too big. In this case, there is a “distillation” of weight by the biceps, which can cause injury to the ligaments;
Exercise in spurts. Jerks across the amplitude – not only the traumatic occupation, but also the technique in which the load goes to the body. When push possible shock and injury, as well as increased load on the spine;
Breeding elbows to the sides. Some athletes instead of wiring doing the Mahi, it results in load transfer to the rear Delta
Secrets pulls with dumbbells
The wider your elbows are getting a divorce in the exercise, the more effective loaded rear Delta. If the forearm going towards the ears, the trapezius muscles are utilized to a greater degree, and this angle is undesirable. Position elbows closer to the body and more are included latissimus dorsi muscle.
What position holds the dumbbell
You can hold a dumbbell vultures in the same plane, pulling the blades, and bringing the dumbbell to the belt. This craving is similar to what is done with a barbell.
Pull with one hand in the slope
This option thrust suitable for those who have a good stretch and have the skill to stabilize the back. You can skew, to fix the housing due to the static tension, and pull the dumbbell to the belt in this position.
Weights are selected from low for beginners to medium. It is important to do the movement in a pure technique without cheating to get the result back, not the biceps and triceps.
Injuries rear beam deltoid muscle to do the movement should not be. The rear of the Delta are included in any version of this thrust, just to different degrees.
If the hamstrings are so stiff that you cannot tilt, should do stretching of hamstrings, roll it on the roller before you start an exercise, but to begin to perform the movement in the lying position relying on his stomach on the bench.
The thrust from the breeding of elbows
If the goal is to engage the rear beams of the deltoid muscle, you should take a smaller weight weights, and do not rock the body.
So, pull dumbbells in the slope is a good exercise for the back muscles and develop correct posture. It is necessary to include in the training program regularly, to Supplement the vertical thrust.