Pull the top of the block behind the head allows you to improve your posture, unlock the shoulders, learning to “collect” the back in such strength exercises like squats and bench press. Movement refers to the classic heritage of bodybuilding. But lately fitness trainers began to criticize the exercise, arguing that it is too traumatic for the shoulder joints. The truth in this is, if a person has no opportunity to have direct hands behind your head due to hypertonicity of the thoracic and the trapeze, perhaps he should first learn to pull to your chest, simultaneously developing the mobility of the shoulder joints, and stretching the pectoral muscles. Anyway, the movement will help people with significant weight to get all the bonuses from a regular pull-UPS without breaking the shoulder joint.
- 1 muscle
- 2 Preparing
- 3 Technique
- 4 Technical errors
- 5 Useful tips
The main engine and the aim of this exercise is the latissimus dorsi. In motion, they help the biceps, brachialis and brachioradialis. The widest choice of must take on the bulk of the work. Trapezoidal and circular muscles also help in the movement. Torso muscles, pectorals, and the muscles of the thighs work as stabilisers.
The movement is megosztani, basic. It is aimed at the development of the back, and the widest is quite strong muscles, and to efficiently load the need to take significant weight. But joints work in anatomically limiting situation. Therefore, great weight in this movement are not recommended. Choose moderate weight lifting weights and use this movement as an extra.
Pull can be used as a rehabilitation exercise for injuries of the spine, but it must follow some conditions:
- Weight should be comfortable, the increase is gradual;
- The mobility of the shoulder joints good;
- If you are experiencing pain and discomfort, the exercise should be replaced by more comfortable until the complete disappearance of unpleasant sensations
Test for admission to this option is to block the thrust arms at the head. Usually the person is asked to stand up, take hands gymnastic stick grip slightly wider than shoulder width, and bending elbows to lower it to the top of the trapezius muscle, and then gradually back up.
Approaches, repetitions, weight, weights of individual parameters. The principle is that the number of iterations should be smaller, in the range of 8-12, if one wants to gain weight, and slightly larger, up to 15, if you practiced a job for rehabilitation purposes.
Warm up is commonly practiced, if this exercise is the first in the plan to improve posture, and allows you to practice the correct body position. For those who do hunger for the head after doing deadlifts wide grip onto his chest and thrust belt, warm-up is not required.
It is mandatory that the right starting position. For this we need to set the height of the pillow for fixing of the simulator. The hips should pass freely under them in the position in which the thigh is perpendicular to the legs. This allows you to keep a stable position, to remove the inertia and thereby reduce the load on the ligamentous apparatus.
Adjusting the height of clamps, you need to stand directly face to the machine and take the handle comfortable wide grip. This will fix the case sitting down, and comfortably lower the handle behind your head. The width is chosen individually, so that there was no pain in the shoulders, and it was possible in the lower arm behind your head. For most people, this is the width of the grip at 5-10 cm wider than shoulder width, But there may be options for greater fixation of the palms. Hands should lie on the surface of the handlebars at the same distance from an imaginary center, providing symmetry.
Then you need to sit on a bench simulator, simultaneously removing his hands behind his head, and lowering the scapula to the spine. The back will take a slightly bend position. Drops should be straight, symmetrical fixing legs. Then gently pull the arm to the top of a trapezoid, leading the elbows along the body in an arcuate path, and carefully picking the “halves” back to each other, controlling the broadest muscle. At the bottom you can statically reduce the muscle, and gently bring the blades to the broadest feel even stronger. Then you need to take the hands to the starting position.
This exercise is aimed at developing the back muscles, not your biceps, so you need to be careful to the technique. If you get tired from movement only biceps, not back, committed a technical error. It is necessary to give the muscles the attention deliberately, and not start by bending the elbows. The first movement needs to be screed blades to the spine and lowering as if down, then the vultures will turn on sooner than the biceps and will take most of the load.
Typical errors associated with overload of the trapezoid, irregular bearing, or thrust due to the bending of the hands in the elbow joints.
When performing a pull over the head should be avoided:
- Rounding the shoulders forward. If such a posture related to congestion of the chest muscles, you need to slightly stretch and gently roll the foam roller;
- Start by bending the elbows, the tension of the biceps. This allows you to redistribute the load on the hands and not on your back;
- Steel grip, which does not allow the same load to both halves of the back;
- Wrong position of the feet, causing the separation of the buttocks from the bench with every move;
- The lack of fixation of the feet;
- Stick-slip, due to push the shell forward, and the force of inertia
Some technical details to help get a better feel for the back muscles and work through it in this exercise as efficiently as possible:
- Your back should be kept straight, the muscles to keep toned, not to overload the shoulder girdle extra lead shoulder during the movement;
- When lowering the handle, the body slightly forward, removing the head with the trajectory;
- The body should be tight, but not pinched, the shoulders are better to remove from the ears directly;
- To secure the hand on the handle, you can use straps for the deadlift or block pull below the discomfort in my forearms did not interfere with the exercise
Technically correct execution of the thrust head is safe, so the first time no need to chase weights, and should provide a stable position to learn consistently and correctly perform the movement, and regularly include it in the training process.