Share in WhatsApp
The swimming technique butterfly: training and exercises for mastering
- The history of the style and features of the fitness load
- Exercises for mastering the art of swimming in butterfly style
- The work of the upper extremities
- The movement of the lower limbs
- Body movement
- Errors in technique
- Exercise to master the technique
- Recommendations for the development of the butterfly stroke for weight loss
Swimming is a great way to lose weight and can be an alternative fitness classes for those who for any indications not recommended full body workout with heavy load. It is believed that the pool exercises are effective, but gentle burden. However, there is a style of swimming, which is very tedious and technically rather complicated, but can be an effective way to lose weight and can help to train the body like professional athletes. We are talking about swimming in butterfly style.
The history of the style and features of the fitness load
In the early twentieth century there were three main styles of navigation:
Through improvements in the latest a new style, characterized by high speed. Acceleration was achieved by lengthening the stroke to the hips, holding the upper limb over the water and the changing movement of the bottom for a more natural. In the period 1933-1935. different athletes were added to the brass new and effective exercises that help to increase the speed during the swim. This resulted in a new style resembling the flapping of the butterfly wings and the movements of a Dolphin in the water — style butterfly or a Dolphin. In speed it is second only to the rabbit.
The effect of the butterfly in many ways similar to the effects on the body exercise, namely:
- develops muscles of a humeral belt;
- trains the muscles of the upper and lower extremities;
- working on the abdominal muscles and back, which are often left in relative peace with other styles;
- favorably affects the spine, although some experts cautiously recommend this style to people having problems with the spinal column, due to the heavy load on him and the presence in the technique of sharp falls that can be dangerous for the spine;
- trains strength and endurance;
- is the most energy intensive activity on the water, which means weight loss with it is guaranteed to be fast and efficient;
- has a positive effect on the respiratory and cardiovascular system;
- contributes to General health.
From the above it becomes clear why swimming in this style can be a decent alternative fitness.
Exercises for mastering the art of swimming in butterfly style
An exact match technique is a crucial part of the butterfly stroke. It is impossible to achieve maximum results only at the expense of advantage over the opponent in physical strength. But technically it is correct to do the butterfly stroke is difficult, so you need to start to learn the theory of movements, to practice doing exercises on land, and then long and hard to perfect the technique on the water. The main problem is usually synchronized movement of the upper and lower extremities, as well as the simultaneous return of the trunk and hands over water in initial position while maintaining the required level of rhythm and proper breathing cycle. The initial position is the position in the water on her stomach with outstretched arms and smooth legs.
The work of the upper extremities
Hands — the main driving force. Their work is based on three successive stages: for yourself, myself, return. You should consider each step in detail to be able to perform these exercises on land for development of technology.
In the first two stages of the upper limbs performed a semi-circle around the torso. Elbows when you perform needs to be above your hands, which in turn are arranged in the direction of down and a little under. This completes the stroke. Reaching mid-thigh, it begins the return of the hands. The whole process is on the acceleration to inertia, it was possible to make a push for the ascent of the whole upper body.
In the phase of the return of the relaxed upper limb of water is sharply directed forward. The sharpness of the impulse is achieved by a set speed in the early stages and the strength of the triceps. Upon completion of all stages of the hands needs to be back in the starting position.
The movement of the lower limbs
All movements of the lower limbs in the butterfly event running concurrently with both feet. Due to the legs brought together, performs a wave-like movement, like the movement of a Dolphin tail in the water, contributing to the first surfacing the top of the torso, and then back. Usually during this time, the swimmer can realize 2 strokes.
Breath you need to get done during the short period while the upper torso is above the water. Exhale nose and mouth for the next phase. To maintain a given speed, it is recommended to do breath on every second surfacing from the water. If you breathe every time you lose speed, and light may suffer from hyperventilation.
Complex coordination of limbs and body can facilitate competent exercises in which the shoulders are lowered, and the pelvis raised, while crossing the water line. Then, while the conditional (if the movements are practiced on land) or real stroke raises the shoulders and hips go down.
Errors in technique
If you are unable to achieve results, it is important to prevent technical errors that can be the following:
- Incorrect hand position: not on the line of the shoulders, wider or narrower. In the first case increases the water resistance, the second capture is performed incorrectly, and the shoulders are too deep.
- Not long enough stroke.
- Low speed during stage.
- The position of the feet above the water surface. All movements of lower extremities are performed strictly under water.
- Incorrect or non-synchronous movement of the legs.
- Poorly-chosen moment to breath, which leads to disruption of the whole rhythm.
Exercise to master the technique
For development of technology it is necessary to pay great attention to the execution of specific exercises in the water and on land, then to combine them together. These include:
- any exercise endurance;
- fitness training with weights to develop the muscles of the extremities and humeral belt;
- scuba breath-hold;
- squatting under the water and sharp jumping over its surface;
- slide back in the water with repulsion feet from the bottom;
- an exercise in which various movements are performed on the water in a vertical position.
Recommendations for the development of the butterfly stroke for weight loss
The main reason for the development of such a complex swimming techniques to non-professional athletes is weight loss through high intensity exercise. For weight loss can restrict access to the pool, but the combination of swim butterfly with other types of fitness can give tremendous results. To develop this style quickly and correctly will help follow these tips:
- the leg kicks must be performed from the hips without bending the knees;
- too high uplifted hands complicates movement, but at the same time, the lack of rise (up to 3 cm above the water) is also unacceptable;
- hands should be placed strictly on the line of the shoulders;
- when breathing chin should rise no higher than 7-8 cm above water surface, otherwise the whole body will be directed up, not straight ahead;
- to improve the quality of wave motions in their implementation should be involved and chest;
- you need to perform more training exercises for the muscles of the limbs, and development of stamina and strength;
- it is recommended to learn to start other, more simple styles, and then go to butterfly;
- you should not swim on a full stomach. You can eat at least 2 hours before the race, while it should be low-carb, for example, a slice of bran bread or energy bar. This diet will enhance performance, and contribute to weight loss.