The rise of the legs in focus is the drill press. It will partially engage the anterior surface of the thigh. The movement itself came to us from gymnastics. There is exercise in full focus – hands cling to the arms, elbows straightened and inserted, and performs a full leg socks above the average line at the level of the waist. The fitness version of the movement is done in the simulator, the athlete should focus on the forearms.
- 1 Technique
- 1.1 Movement
- 1.2 Attention
- 1.3 Important
- 2 embodiments
- 2.1 the rise of the knees in the emphasis on the elbows
- 2.2 Side leg lifts focus
- 2.3 leg Lifts with support on the boards
- 3 Analysis exercises
- 3.1 the anatomy of the exercise — what muscles are working
- 3.2 Advantages
- 3.3 Disadvantages of exercise
- 4 Preparing to exercise
- 5 Proper execution
- 6 Errors
- 7 Tips for improving the effectiveness of the exercise
- 8 inclusion in the program
- 9 Contraindications
- 10 Interesting fact
- 11 What to replace
- Original position
- To face the exerciser;
- Sasagot on foot;
- To take the handle arms;
- To turn back to the stops;
- Take a standing position on the forearms.
- Very simple exercise to perform:
- It is necessary to reduce press and pull the abdomen inside;
- Next straight leg by reducing the press and pull the pelvic bones to the lower ribs is withdrawn upward;
- For maximum reduction of the hip must pass the middle line press;
- After reaching peak contraction, the legs should be slow and controlled release
- You need to completely remove attempts of cheating with their feet. A technique used in competitive crossfit for exercise “socks to the bar” here is not valid and acceptable;
- Knees do not need a hard insert so that the legs were straightened. The joint will not succeed to accomplish complete reduction press, and part of the legs will be at the expense of the quads;
- The tension in the trapezium must be removed. Shoulders hiked up to my ears, there’s not really helping. They will only contribute more to the buildup of the body, and active breaches, in addition, shoulders to the ears greatly increases the risk of spasm of the trapezius and most of the pain after a workout;
- Drop the foot down is not recommended. Beginners often make the neck of the bar to the middle line across the bottom of the retainers of the simulator, so they did not put my feet below this the neck and worked balanced
It is important
- The legs should be raised by the press, not the force of excitation, inertia and quadriceps. To achieve this, it is necessary to imagine how the pelvic bones stretch to the lower ribs, and not as an athlete actively throws the legs;
- After passing the middle line of the hips, it is necessary to bring the legs a little higher and not throw them down, and gently “spin” the press and down;
- Socks you can’t fuck around like a ballerina, then they are the most will allow you to “paste” your knees, and join in the work of the quadriceps, and to the contrary work pressure;
- This movement will be able to learn better if you learn how to do the lift of the pelvis lying down with straight legs, you tanitimi up. You need to understand how it reduces the rectus abdominis, not as the man just waves his legs above the waist.
Knee lifts focus on the elbows
This exercise is suitable for beginners and those who it is difficult to raise straight legs up. It is anatomically easier, as it is easier to understand how to bring the hips to the ribs, if the legs are bent. The athlete takes the initial position similarly to the previous option, and then gently pull the pelvic bone to the lower ribs. Lowering also occurs smoothly. With every repetition, straighten your knees is not necessary.
Side leg lifts focus
This is the gymnastic exercise that simulates a fitness option. For the purposes of fitness don’t need to learn to throw legs with toes drawn upwards due to the inertia and rotation in the shoulder joints. It requires gently pull the straight leg with socks drawn over itself, slightly above the midline of the body, and carefully lower the entire “design” back.
Leg lifts with support on the boards
This option is for those who want to pump oblique muscles. Here you must pull your knees to your waist, but “on the bias”, striving knees to one and then to the other shoulder.
The anatomy of the exercise — what muscles are working
This exercise works the muscle video press as the main engine. If the athlete bends the knees, then used more and flexors of the hips when performing careless, often the load goes to the quadriceps. The back muscles work as stabilizers and are turned on when the athlete is driving the blades and lowers them to the pelvis.
- This movement allows you to build a strong core, especially those who have problems with the pumping of the direct abdominal muscles due to significant lumbar lordosis;
- The exercise will involve a press in isolation, but gives a substantial load;
- One of the movements, removing the voltage from the iliac muscles. For those who like to swing back and buttocks hyperextension and all types of slopes with a barbell, you must do one of the variants of lifting of feet in vise. This option is ideal even for those who already did a decent enough job on the grip, and performed a bunch of rods;
- Exercise is good for those who have trouble latching the top back, and coverage in vis. It allows you to remove compressive loads from the spine, but does not involve additional muscles of the forearm and the palm. The movement allows you to get your share of the load to those who perform a lot of the stem linkage;
- Exercise helps to remove tension from the lower back. An athlete must diligently press the back to the back of the station and work, curled up.
Disadvantages of exercise
- The movement will be technically complex for those athletes who have not learned to work the press and trying to throw his legs out of inertia, or raise them at the expense of the buildup and help the body. Such athletes may not be able to do the activity right the first time;
- Spasms of the trapezius muscle with a weak or, conversely, overloaded trapezes is a typical disadvantage of this movement.
Preparation for exercise
Training is considered an ordinary and joint warm-up and warm-up the hip joint. But in real life this movement is performed as the last exercise workout, because the whole exercise serves as a warm up, additional warm up not necessary to perform. It is sometimes recommended to do before lifting leg raises one set of lifting the pelvis from the supine position to enable the press to work.
The correct execution
- The back should be well pressed to the back of the station and during exercises, not to tear it;
- The blades need to be reduced to lower spine and to the pelvis, and press to pull up, only then will pull the lower ribs to the pelvic bones;
- Swinging feet are not allowed, no need to make them for the back line after lowering, and “reset” top-down movements;
- The exercise is performed according to the General rules of synergy of contraction of muscles and breath, that is exhale occurs at stress;
- The movement should not be too active, that is fast. You should try to work more smoothly and avoid sudden jerks and balls of the feet
- It is impossible to sharply shake the legs, change the position of the forearms on the rests and too fast to push the socks to the bar;
- Better to do the exercise synchronously with the breath, and not to change the position of the body as a hit and hold my breath on effort;
- Start hip for the back line should not be, not to gain too much inertia to train efficiently.
Tips for improving the effectiveness of the exercise
- Experienced athletes can do this exercise with weights. Comfortable to hold medicine balls between legs and raise legs upwards. If the ball is there, you can try to hang the loads on the legs, or raise the dumbbell, holding it between her legs. The slow pace of the exercise is more than real;
- Start always occurs at the expense of the muscles of the legs, but if you bring the hips slightly forward and start with twisting of the abdominal muscles, you can make the exercise more effective;
- The slower will be the pace, the better you get to pump the muscles of the abdomen;
- If you use the option for flow skew, it is important to keep to the back is the upper back. The hips should be gently lead to one another and to the shoulder;
- More efficient to do the exercise with straight legs, but in this case it is necessary to keep a small angle in the knee joint and does not straighten the knee completely;
- The bent leg is suitable for beginners and those who find it difficult to do the twisting.
Inclusion in the program
To enable this movement in the training program stands on the stage, when it has the physical ability to perform the exercise, and there are no problems with the mobility in the hip joints. Beginners-women often just can’t resist in front on the forearms. They fall down due to the fact that weak back and the trapezoid not allowed to stabilize its own weight. Girls must first strengthen the back rods to the belt, and exercise stand (bracket), and then make that move. Replace exercise with leg lifts in a vise.
Usually the movement is included in the day, when the athlete squats and pulls, but with a rack on the bars this is not the case, you can do any option, even if you can’t post the rod and the drill press on different days.
- Herniated disc and protrusion are considered to be a contraindication for this exercise, but it is not universally accepted by coaches. Some experts believe that it is possible to perform the exercises in this style without any problems, even if there is a hernia, but then you have smooth enough to curl, and train slow, controlled;
- The diastasis of the rectus abdominis muscle is a contraindication for all of the twists, in particular, and this exercise too;
- The movement is not suitable for the training of pregnant women, but it has no direct pressure on the abdominal area;
- You cannot run this option when injuries of the hip joints;
- If people can’t take the head from the shoulders, and stay in focus throughout the approach, it needs to strengthen the trapezius muscle;
- You should not do exercise when paritranaya of a trapezoid and has already started the inflammatory process;
- Usually the movement is not put in a day of heavy bench press if an athlete prefers a medium grip and tritasavit bench;
- Do not exercise when radicular syndrome, pinched nerve in the lumbar spine;
- Not recommended stand on the forearms with injuries and inflammatory processes of the elbows, shoulders, and other joints. You should not do when cervical osteochondrosis, if there is a pinched nerve.
This is a favorite exercise of the champion of yesteryear Mike Francois. He believed that only lifts leg raises help build a strong and washboard abs and no crunches can not be compared with upgrades in this great cause. Mike recommended to alternate the usual UPS leg raises with weights and fast paced with slow to achieve the best study of the press. He did the movement for three sets to failure, but fans of fitness may be limited to 3 approaches of 12-15 repetitions. Only experienced athletes should do more.
What to replace
Alternatives to this exercise are the following:
- Leg lifts from a prone position on the floor, heels up.
- Reverse crunches using an inclined bench;
- Rises feet in vis on the bar