Share in WhatsApp
The age and types of physical activity
- Physical activity — disease prevention at any age
- Physical activity for the young and young
- Sports 45: warning heart and joints
- Locomotor activity after 60: choice exercises
Exercise and physical activity is useful in all periods of human life. However, at 20 and 60 years of doing sports in different ways. Each age dictates its own rules of physical activity. How to choose the right sport according to the age characteristics at each stage of life? MedAboutMe’ll tell you about it.
Physical activity — disease prevention at any age
For a long time the need for physical exercise and sports are associated with maintenance of energy balance that they provide. Burning of dietary calories, physical exercise prevent weight gain and reduce associated risks (high blood sugar, cholesterol, hypertension). However, this use of physical education and sport is not limited. There are other equally important reasons for making physical activity a mandatory element of a healthy lifestyle. The processes occurring in the body during sports activities, contribute to its improvement, that is the prevention of many diseases.
- Movement, activating the metabolism, strengthens the skeletal system and provides joint mobility.
- Physical activity train and strengthen muscles, including the heart muscle, enhance their adaptive capabilities, strength and endurance.
- During physical exercise improves the blood, increases the number of elements, effectively fighting off foreign agents into the body. Strengthens the immune system.
- Training and exercises develop the respiratory system.
- Improved blood circulation reduces the risk of stagnation, promotes proper function of all internal organs.
- Physical activity increases the level produced by the body endorphins and serotonin, substances responsible for the feeling of pleasure and joy. It reduces stress, anxiety, and improves mood. Experts compare the effect of physical activity with the action of antidepressants.
Physical activity is necessary for the person throughout life journey. As a child, she ensures the proper development of the body, lays the Foundation for future health. At maturity, provides energy, enhances stamina and performance. In elderly and senile age slows the degenerative processes and aging, improves quality of life. And at all stages of movement making the body less vulnerable to diseases.
Physical activity for the young and young
General recommendations regarding physical activity for all adults is about the same. You must do at least five times a week for 30 minutes. Physical activity of medium intensity needs to be focused on the development of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems (walking, running, Cycling, swimming) and muscle strengthening (walking, stairs, lifting, etc.).
Children up to 17 years, according to documents developed by the world health organization (who) recommended 60-minute daily activity of high intensity (bike, roller skates, outdoor games, etc.). At least three times a week is necessary in this age exercises to develop the skeletal muscles. A large part of the activities and games should be held outdoors. More physical activity brings additional benefits. The restriction shall be strength training, which is not recommended until the end of the intensive growth.
Age from 20 to 40 years is considered a Golden period for sports. Any sport will benefit, and limitations for a healthy person at this stage does not exist. It can be both teamwork and individual classes, including weight training.
Sports 45: warning heart and joints
After 45 years, the reserves of the organism is still quite large. However, experts suggest even trained athletes from this age to pay more attention to their health. First of all, it concerns the state of the cardiovascular system and joints, which gradually develop degenerative processes that increase the risk of injury. So after 45 years is recommended every three years to pass the necessary examinations in accordance with their results to adjust the physical load.
Those who have not played sports before, you should give preference to swimming, rowing, sailing and Cycling. Especially important in this age of physical activity for women who are nearing menopause, which increases the risks of various diseases, in particular diseases of the locomotor apparatus. To strengthen it, and also for the overall health of women recommended walking and Jogging.
Locomotor activity after 60: choice exercises
The main task of motor activity in the elderly is the slowing of the aging process, maintaining physical and mental health, the preservation of vivacity and good mood. The intensity of training may vary in connection with the exercise and human health. Those who whole life was actively training, you can continue to engage in the chosen sport. But in any case, physical activity should be less intense and exhausting than in his youth, and to match the abilities of the body.
For many the specified age — time to start sport or physical activity. This is facilitated by the following factors: the emergence of free time after retirement, hope to improve their health via physical exercise, desire to lose weight, the desire to communicate with the same followers of an active lifestyle and others. For those who for the first time or after a long break, starting to exercise, there are the following recommendations:
- First, you need to consult with your doctor about your health condition and accordingly, choose the most suitable type of physical activity.
- The user should choose a relaxed sports, excluding heavy loads and sudden movements.
- The main principle of training should be no intensity, and regularity.
- The load should be increased gradually.
- In case of deterioration of health classes should be discontinued. In the future, is to consult your trainer or doctor.
A must-have in this age, should be stretching exercises of the spine and strengthening the back muscles, as well as supporting flexibility and balance. Physical activity includes not only special training, this may be just an active lifestyle. So, the most useful form of movement that has no contraindications, is walking. Very useful, especially for training joints and dancing. Well keep in shape Cycling, swimming, skiing, skating and sledding, working around the house. Any kind of physical activity, especially in the elderly, is beneficial. The basic principle in choosing the type of physical activity should be the pleasure that this activity brings.
Uses photographs Shutterstock