Stretching exercises improve muscle recovery after strength work. They are a necessary part of the plan weight loss, rehabilitation or strength training. Pull the muscles need to athletes, dancers and ordinary office workers. Lack of exercise, unnatural posture when working at the computer, “walking”, sitting in the car – all that imprisons muscle, deprives the joints natural range of motion and requires that the person included in the training program of stretching exercises. Stretch every time after strength or cardio, with major muscle groups for 30 seconds, but you can – with a one day training on stracing. For beginners are shown the exercises in a natural amplitude, without the springs and push the body into the pose through the pain. Such movements can be made independently.
- 1 Why stretching
- 2 Types of stretch marks
- 3 Basic guidelines for stretching beginners
- 4 the set of exercises for stretching at home
- 4.1 Cat back
- 4.2 Exercise to stretch buttocks
- 4.3 Stretching runner
- 4.4 Stretching the front of the thigh
- 4.5 Chest
- 4.6 Lateral surface of thigh
- 4.7 Press and front thighs
- 5 Stretching for beginners on video
Why do we need stretching
In a nutshell, stretching is the only chance for the body to compensate for all the overload, and the axial load that we experience during a military operation, and household activity. Only during stretches joints do not experience the compression that is the best prevention of inflammation. Moreover, stretching improves mobility in everyday life and relieves pain.
The benefits of stretching are:
- Eliminates stiffness of the muscles, gives the opportunity to move freely;
- Helps with plasticity and grace even to those who have obvious problems here;
- Improves mobility in the joints;
- Helps to perform strength exercises with proper technique;
- Provides the muscles with blood and oxygen for recovery.
- Relaxes the Central nervous system;
- Strengthens ligaments, and the neuromuscular connection;
- Works with coordination of movements;
- Helps to move more smoothly and accurately in dancing and martial arts;
- Removes imbalances posture
The types of stretch marks
The townsfolk there is only one type of stretching is when a person stretches a muscle, calmly and smoothly. Few people know, but in addition there are exercises, which are generally not associated in the minds of the masses with stretch, but nevertheless, are tensile. So, it is possible to divide the exercises:
- Ballistic stretching is a rapid sweeping motion, which can be seen in the Arsenal of fighters and gymnasts, it is prohibited in fitness, since low stiffness and the lack of control over the center of the body can lead to injury;
- Passive stretching – a trainer or a therapist pulls the muscles of the client while he is just trying to relax. Despite a nice description, it is painful and unpleasant. The success of the event fully only on the skill of the trainer and the ability to relax;
- Active –drawn “old way” themselves, adopting a pose for stretching and putting pressure on the stretched muscle group, the most popular form of extensions that are available to newcomers in the home and for self-development;
- Static – in General, is synonymous with active stretching in a static position. But in Russian sources the phenomenon associated with training, yogis and gymnasts. In fact, static can be called any exercise in which movement only occurs due to the natural stretching of muscles;
- Dynamic – stretching exercises are movements that are performed in full amplitude, but without the weights. Example – warm-up before a spin class when the client transfers weight from one foot to the other, or performs a series of deep squats to warm up legs. Dynamic stretching include the types of stretch, when the tension of the muscles is weakened slightly, then strengthened it at the expense of greater amplitude in the muscles.
Basic guidelines for stretching beginners
Beginners should aggressively expand in ballistic or dynamic style. Allowed dynamic elements, but they must be performed in anatomically natural plane and controlled. For example, do not “push” themselves in side splits on the floor, only a little popoint at a position where the legs of the wall lifted up and apart.
Important: beginners should follow a simple rule – stretching is carried out either after a workout or after a thorough warm-up. When the warm-up should gently raise the heart rate of the simple aerobic exercises, and then perform a series of movements that involve the whole body. Universal workout – crunches, push-UPS and squats.
Recommendations for beginners:
- Don’t start with twines. It’s great and impressive, of course, but you can easily be injured. If the goal is side splits, first stretch the adductor and abductor muscles of the thighs and back of her legs, then some time to stretch legs raised up “area”. Gradually from workout to workout, you go to the smooth stretching the splits. But usually have to spend 3 months to see serious progress. Side splits for many technically easier, it requires a good stretch the front and rear of the thighs, and need to concentrate;
- Back muscles – the most underrated group in terms of stretch marks. Not only the “cat-dog”, but the reverse camber must be in the program. The training program, complemented by a good stretching of the back, more efficient than a plan that stracing are only feet and hands. It is believed that the twine is easier to get the person back which is flexible and mobile than those who have no ability to bend back;
- Warm up efficiently without prior warm – up is not necessary to do even simple stretches. And they do not replace a workout by themselves. Stretching helps relieve muscle tension and cramps only on one condition – the person is not stretches on a cold muscle;
- The presence of severe pain, especially in joint, ligament, or muscle – a signal to end stretching exercises. Discomfort and slight feeling of resistance – the normal, pain – no. You have to stretch gently, not aggressive, and do not exceed the capacity of the organism to achieve results without “kickbacks” due to injuries;
- No need to reach of breath-hold, carry out exercises bodyflex or other exercises of breathing, if the body is not ready. Hypoxia is bad for the elasticity of muscle fibers and to “forgive” this can only human body that is not too deep stretches, or holding a long breath;
- Copying other dealing, competitive spirit and other pleasures of social life at the joint training, leave those deals for a long time. You need to pull muscles, listening to your own feelings and not force things;
- Sliding, stretching to minus, placing under the legs of pieces of fabric to better glide – also a bad idea if we are talking about beginners fitness. Should only work with your own body, while flexibility and mobility of the joints improves, and the muscles will become more elastic
There is the opinion that stretching must be carried out for all. It is based on the popularity and accessibility of yoga. In fact, stretching is contraindicated throughout the recovery period after injury, during acute hypertension, disorders of heart rhythm, during pregnancy, if there is a risk of placental abruption, and exacerbation of chronic diseases. The wrong choice is to replace your workout with stretching, if you have a cold or need a reduction in the intensity of the classes.
Complex of exercises for stretching at home
Before you start training, dispel prejudices and misconceptions about stretching:
- Stretching in adulthood useless. Yes, children are easier to reach, but persistence and perseverance will solve the problem for adults;
- Stretching is not necessary for weight loss. In fact, stretching exercises are improve metabolism, accelerate all processes, including fat burning. To lose weight need only one condition – the lack of calories. Stretching also helps to improve the calorie consumption. And it indirectly affects the quality of strength training and speed during cardio;
- Stretching is a painful process. Not always, sometimes the stretching of the muscles gives only mild discomfort, focus should be not on him but on the breath and sensations become more pleasant;
- Stretching is not suitable for some people due to the body structure and the lack quality flexibility. Really, even these people need to relieve the tension and muscle clamps in order not to get injured during regular training.
Stand up straight, down on all fours, hands under shoulders, in the projection of the joint, the knees under the hips. Inhaling, raise the center back up, to bend, exhale, as if to bend in the opposite direction, giving the stomach “SAG”. Start with a small period, about 20 seconds in each position, to continue, prolonging the stretch.
Exercise to stretch buttocks
Starting position – lying on the back, the belly is tucked up so that the natural curve in their lower back is preserved, but the back remained stable. Pulling one leg perpendicular to the body, grab her hands and pull towards the shoulder. If the amplitude of the movement is not enough, you can use a belt, rope, towel or belt to throw on the leg. There should be no discomfort in the back, you need to actively stretch, but not tear the buttocks from the floor. Twisting in the spine is also not allowed. To follow recommend and over time, under load, to stretching was symmetrical, it must be the same on both sides.
Variation: sit on the floor on the buttocks, bend the supporting leg so that the heel was near the groin, lean forward to stretch the thigh, grab the hand sock
This stretching of the calf muscles to the wall. Need to lean on the wall with your hands, and move away from her, as if you were going to perform a lunge. “Back” leg stretches heel ago, the “forward” — bent in the knee joint.
Stretching the front of the thigh
Stand up straight at the pillar, grab the prop by hand and shift the weight on the same leg, free – hand grab for his ankle. Pull heel to buttock and push the hips forward.
Clasping his hands to the castle in front of him and pulling over his head. Thus it is necessary to involve the stomach and how to lower the shoulders away from your ears to trapezius muscle did not take all the work.
The lateral surface of the thigh
Sit up straight, extend both legs forward, and fold the heel to the heel by bending your knees. Bring your body forward so that your knees fell to the floor. Hands hold the ankles, so they are not dispersed.
Abs and front thighs
Lie on your stomach and take the Cobra pose, i.e. hands push off from the floor and stretch the front surface of the body so that the chest and belly off the floor.
Stretching for beginners on video
Choosing the banner under the video, you should first view the complex from beginning to end, and, if necessary, stop the recording, to clarify the motion. Only then, after the warm-up, you can begin to do the house under the video. The beauty of stretching workouts is that they allow you to engage gley anyone, even in the smallest apartment.