Share in WhatsApp
Running the stairs: contraindications and training for weight loss
- The benefit of running the stairs
- Contraindications to such fitness
- Running stairs for weight loss
- The choice of ladder training
- Running technique and important tips
Use aerobic physical activity obvious, the most effective kind is running. Jog on the street or working out on the treadmill, moving on a flat surface or up the hill. Far more sophisticated and effective version of this training is running up the stairs. This load requires some physical training and allows you to get a good result in the strengthening of the cardiovascular system, muscle development of legs and buttocks, as well as significant weight loss.
The benefit of running the stairs
Running stairs is an intense physical activity, directed on development of endurance, strengthening leg muscles and buttocks. This training is much more effective Cycling and Jogging in the Park, as it not only involves intensive cardiogranate, but also includes the element of power, because with each step on the step you have to lift the weight of his body on one leg.
The advantages of such running the following:
- improved cardiovascular system;
- strengthening of musculoskeletal system;
- reducing the level of stress and prevent nervous disorders;
- acceleration of metabolic processes;
- the strengthening of protective forces of organism;
- the development of the muscles throughout the lower body;
- the formation of beautiful forms of thighs and buttocks;
- a quick weight loss.
This is just a General list of all advantages of these fitness workouts on the stairs, because in the course of studies in the body occurs in many processes, improving the work of all organs and systems.
Contraindications to such fitness
Running stairs benefits throughout the body, and figure training, but in certain situations such intensive training can cause irreparable harm. That is why before starting the training it is advisable to consult a doctor to discuss your condition and determine the allowable load. Not recommended for Jogging the stairs people with similar problems:
- injury joints of the lower extremities and pelvis;
- serious disease of the spine;
- scoliosis at an advanced stage;
- varicose veins;
- high blood pressure;
- problems with the heart and blood vessels.
During the training it is necessary to closely monitor their health and to drink plenty of water, because such intense physical activity leads to the loss of body fluid may cause dizziness and significantly increases heart rate.
Running stairs for weight loss
With the help of regular Jogging the stairs very quickly achieved significant weight reduction, strengthen muscles of the lower extremities and formed a beautiful trim figure. But in order to increase the effect of their workouts and make it persistent, you must also follow the right diet and change your lifestyle. The latter implies the adherence of the day, ensuring adequate sleep and active rest and avoiding harmful habits.
It is estimated that one hour of Jogging on the stairs the body is able to lose approximately 1000 calories, more than the exact figure depends on the personal preferences of the athlete. To start such fitness exercise should gradually, in the early days you can refuse the use of the Elevator in favor of stairs. Then is recommended daily workout, moving at a quick pace up the stairs for 10 minutes. A week later I can already go on a ten-minute leisurely running and every day to increase the duration for 5 minutes, gradually bringing it up to 40 minutes. In this mode it is not necessary to do daily, three times a week is the optimal frequency of training.
The choice of ladder training
Most of us live in apartment buildings, so the landing seems to be the best and convenient place for training. In many aspects this is true: proximity to home, absence of noise, the ability to hide from prying eyes and to engage in any weather. On the other hand on the steps at the entrance are often dusty, not enough air there are odors, and running can be frustrating to some residents. So in nice warm weather, it is better to find a comfortable place to study outside. It can be a stadium or a Park with a large staircase, down to the waterfront and other suitable locations, where you can comfortably conduct the training and even meet like-minded people.
Running technique and important tips
If you have no target to significantly develop the muscles of the legs and buttocks, you can use the running up the stairs as a Supplement to basic training, or aerobic power. Starting a Jogging exercise on the stairs, empirically determine acceptable and comfortable for you, load level, based on the increased heart rate. It will be easier to get used to training, if it was the experience of Jogging on a flat surface.
Deciding to engage in aerobic fitness on the steps, read the following important recommendations:
- before exercise be sure to do a good workout, focusing on the muscles and joints of the feet;
- conduct classes on a regular basis, because the only way to achieve substantial progress;
- to increase the effect of the training periodically, do it interval, alternating a phase of intense running and quick walking.
- to increase endurance and be able to train longer, learn to breathe correctly during the movement, rhythmically inhaling with nose and exhaling through the mouth;
- it is not necessary to run at the limit of their capacity, reaching a maximum level of heart rate is having a negative impact on the health and training efficiency;
- if during an intense run you’re tired, stop for a few minutes to rest and then continue to exercise;
- choose a large staircase with wide treads, to make it convenient to run at least 15 seconds;
- moving up, slightly tilt the torso forward and actively work with hands;
- lifting, pushes away from the steps of the toes of the feet, and walking stress on your heels.
Uses photographs Shutterstock