Pull the upper block to the chest exercise for the development of the widest back muscles. It allows you to build a beautiful V – shape, removes posture, is the prevention of scoliosis. The movement contributes to the correction of the “twisted ahead” shoulders and is not only exercise for bodybuilders, but a good accessory movement for the bench press and hold the rods on the back during squats. Variations of movement depending on the width of the grip and direction of your palms allows to include or exclude from the movement of the biceps. The exercise will serve as an affordable alternative to pull-UPS, which some are unable to perform due to the anatomical position of the shoulders, excess weight, weakness of muscles and an injury. The thrust of the upper block allows you to use one of the large muscle groups, speed up metabolism and burn fat, if necessary. It is included in masonboro programs as a good mnogoetajnoe exercise, building strength and mass. The result of training depends not only on technique and style, but also from the entire program, and nutrition of the athlete. Movement suitable for both men and women, and can be used in General physical preparation of teenagers and children.
- 1 What muscles are working
- 2 Pull the upper block wide grip
- 2.1 Proper technique
- 2.2 Typical errors
- 3 Pull the upper block to the chest middle reverse grip
- 3.1 Proper technique
- 3.2 Technical error
- 4 Pull the upper block to the chest parallel grip
- 4.1 Proper technique
- 4.2 Technical error
What muscles work
The main movers:
- Both wide;
- Rhomboid muscles;
Assistants movement and stabilizers:
- Large breast;
- The muscles of the hands and forearms;
- The long muscle of the back
During exercise, possible static tension of muscles of thighs and buttocks if the athlete used to plant the feet into the floor in order to help yourself in the process of training. But it should not be regarded as training activity. Working the trapezius (lifting the shoulders) is also not welcome, and is executed only if the athlete is advanced enough in order to perform the movement with a slight cheating.
The thrust of the upper block wide grip
Pull the upper block wide straight grip (on the chest) is the most common choice in fitness. The movement for those who can’t pull the head, pull yourself up or perform a movement in other embodiments. This exercise allows you to pump the broadest muscle, even if people have problems with the power performance, and flexibility of the shoulders.
Training in a simulator, you can pump up “the width of the back” as they say athletes. This movement allows you to press the scapula to the back, and correct posture. Exercise helps prepare the body for strength work – deadlift and pull-UPS.
- You need to find the width of the grip so that the hands were slightly wider than shoulders, but the shoulders could go down, and the blades – “blown down” to the spine;
- The grip is made closed, facing the exerciser;
- Then slightly bend the upper back, shoulders away from ears, shoulder blades pulled together to the spine;
- The athlete sits on a bench trainer, body leaning a little bit back, chest rising up;
- The shoulders need to expand a bit ago;
- The blades are tightened to the spine;
- Going wide, shrink to the spine;
- Then the handle of the exerciser is adjusted to the top of your chest;
- Runs peak contraction of the muscles;
- The reverse movement is to lower the arm back
The movement is performed smoothly, without any pushes and jerks. It is important not to pull with the biceps, not to throw the shoulders to the ears and not pull the handle too hard. It is important to move the arm smoothly and not make breeding hands too large. Athletes think that the wider the grip the better running back, but it’s not. The grip you need to pick a comfortable so that it does not interfere with the work of the muscles.
- The most common mistake is the pull of the biceps. The person bends the elbows first, and due to the reduction of the biceps pulls the arm to the chest. It’s not right, and relieves pressure from the back;
- Do not pull due to the inertia, oscillation of the body back, and pull arm to the top of the back with a jerk;
- Pull to the belly when there is no deflection in the back and tilting. It only allows you to pump up your biceps and “score” the trapeze, because so to do;
- It is better to avoid when the weight is too heavy, and the man literally “tossed” up.
- Throwing elbows back allows you to develop solely the rear beam deltoid muscle, but not wide and not diamond-shaped;
- “Hump”, i.e. rounding the back in the thoracic spine can lead to injury of the shoulder joint, and the removal of the load from the target muscle
It is important to understand that this option exercise is for the upper beams of the widest muscles. If the bottom is not loaded, nothing happens. Is it possible to pull the block for the head? Modern fitness trainers rarely give their customers this exercise. Meanwhile in bodybuilding and powerlifting it is used quite often. Condition of safe use of this movement is a good movement of the shoulder. Pull the head is performed with significantly less weight than your chest. It is more accentuated considering rhomboid muscles and helps to shoulder blades and stabilize your back in all strength exercises.
Pull the upper block to the chest middle reverse grip
This exercise is working the lower beam of the widest muscles, it helps to focus the load on the top, it is not necessary. Many athletes choose more weight for deadlifts reverse grip, but it’s wrong. So it turns out that the load shifts to the biceps. It is better to take the average resistance or the weight of the weights, and pull the block, as if encountering the handle of the exerciser’s chest.
- The grip is done at shoulder width, not narrow, more narrow formulation of the hands requires special hilt with symmetrical double handles to maintain the health of the shoulders;
- On a normal hilt undertake the notch in the middle, or, if not, by the handle with gloved hands;
- The palm should be directed to the face of the athlete;
- On a bench exerciser, sit down, and when the grip is already exposed, and the fingers tightly grasping the handle;
- Then the hand is drawn up, the Assembly of blades to the spine, a deviation of the case ago;
- Due to the reduction of the widest muscle of the back, the athlete brings the handle of the machine to the top of your chest;
- The forearm moving along the body, elbows towards the floor;
- To have the elbows back should not like unnecessarily to reduce the biceps;
- Reverse the movement consists in the gradual relaxation of the back and lead arm back;
- Hands at the top exercises to fully straighten
- The error of the grip is to hold the handles at your finger tips. This leads to overloading of the forearm and the emphasis on them. Forearm has “slaughtered” and the athlete can not complete the required number of sets and repetitions;
- Technically incorrect – to pull solely to the biceps, as if bringing back from the spectrum of work. Side looks as if the athlete is pulling the handle with the hands and leads her towards the shoulders by bending the arms at the elbow joint;
- Can not be too hard to include a press, this usually occurs due to an incorrectly selected weight burden, and trends how to curl forward and pull the lower ribs to the pelvic bones. This movement helps to discharge muscles in the back, because it is unacceptable
Pull the upper block to the chest parallel grip
This exercise is ideal for the construction of symmetry. It gives the widest muscle in the back perfect contours, and helps to remove muscle imbalances. In their biomechanical nature of the movement gives more a significant strain on the back, and less significant to the biceps, even a beginner can isolate the back sufficiently to make his training more effective.
To perform the movement required a special handle for the parallel grip is the grip with two handles shoulder-width apart. The problem may lie in the fact that the handle is not suitable to man in length, and antropometricas not allow to perform the movement correctly and with a full load. But for most body types standard screen handle – suitable option.
- You need to fix a handle for a parallel grip in the simulator or in the upper block crossover;
- Grip – hands parallel to each other, the hand falls on the handle of the exerciser;
- Lowering the handles of the shell begins with the activation of a wide;
- Elbows are brought to the body to provide touch handle and top of the chest;
- At the bottom – the peak contraction of the muscles of the back;
- Then smoothly bring the handles up.
- Pull one of the biceps to the top, without rejecting the housing back;
- Jerking the hands, and the sharp slopes of the body back, work due to the inertia;
- Twisting the body forward, “finishing pressure”;
- Huge weight, and heroic thrust their whole body;
- Breeding of elbows to the side, leading to injuries of the shoulder and the offset loads on the biceps;
- “Excess flexion” of the wrist moves the load on the forearm;
- Hold the handle on your fingers also moves the load in the forearm;
- Do not pull the handle to your hips, then work will be freehand, and then in the wrong, anatomically unnatural plane.
There is a perception that the parallel arm is designed for horizontal pull (to belt). Yes, it may be convenient if the goal is to study back with rear deltoid muscle bundles together. But for the “depth” of the back, beautiful relief and overall muscle mass the vertical thrust with the parallel handle is a good choice. Don’t forget that the diversity of the vectors of force application is positive for bodybuilding time. The more variation the athlete performs, the more chances he has to make a balanced form, and work the muscles.
The embodiment of block rods can be thrust in a crossover with various types of handles. If the simulator block is present in the courtroom, you can set step platform or bench to the handle of the crossover, and do the exercises in it.
Similar in biomechanics is thrust in hammer, but it allows more stretch and cut of the broadest muscle. Hammer – a good trainer, but he is not in all the rooms, because the variant with the crossover closer to the majority.
Embodiment of the vertical thrust is simultaneous or alternate thrust arms crossover in the rack on the knees. Arm secured to the top riser on the knees is performed on the Mat, right in the middle of the arms of the crossover. Pulling the scapula towards the spine, you need to simultaneously bring the elbows to the body in an elliptical path, and push the chest up. This movement involves external beams of the widest and allows you to make beautiful contour of the back.
If the athlete is the development imbalance between the left and right sides of the back, running to pull in the crossover on his knees with one hand. Movement mechanics reminiscent of conventional block pull, but with a focus on one side.
The athlete must control the position of the back during the execution of all exercises. His task is not just to feel the muscles, but to present the biomechanics of movement in your mind to consciously engage the muscles of the back. Remember you need and that there is no universal Seto-re schemes. The athlete can perform traction of the upper block in the range of 6 to 20 repetitions in 3 to 5 business approaches. The specifics depends on the purpose of the cycle, and the development of muscles. The only condition is that you need to gradually progress in the working balance, and try to Supplement the vertical thrust horizontal. For the harmonious development need to apply the principles of planar training, that is, to balance the number of rods and swings in your training program.