What are we doing to gain weight back muscles? Right, pull rod to the belt in the slope, performed a deadlift in the classics and catch up with the weight. Pull the horizontal block on the biomechanics reminiscent of the thrust rod in the slope, but this exercise is not to build muscle, to design what is already there. Movement mnogoetajnoe, but due to the use of simulators, it turns off the stabilizers, legs, and almost do not work your abdominal muscles. It helps to keep some form to leave a thin waist, and to turn out the outlines of the widest. That is why horizontal thrust block sitting and standing – a favorite exercise of bodybuilders exposed, and, oddly enough, women. With this movement to achieve a triangular shape of the back is difficult, unless you have a specific mass. But to pull the “wings” to the back wrinkles – easily.
- 1 Meaning of exercises and work muscles
- 2 performance Technique
- 3 How to choose a working weight
- 4 Technical errors
- 5 Options exercise
- 5.1 Options depending on the grip
- 5.2 Pull in different directions
- 5.3 Craving for girls
- 6 When not doing deadlifts
The meaning of exercises and work muscles
So, the goal is not to increase the mass, and how to “grind” wide so that the back became deeper, the relief is pronounced, and the outline is clear and impressive. In the power sports movement is used as an auxiliary exercise for the bench press, because it teaches to bring the scapula to the spine with a flat back. Exercise used as rehabilitation for injuries and sprains of muscles, it allows you to recover faster and not lose tone when there is no opportunity to train hard.
To pull the horizontal block work:
- The broadest muscle, the displacement of the load vector allows to work on individual segments or “back”;
- Rhomboid is the muscle responsible for our posture and their tone – the guarantee of health of the shoulders, because strength exercises proper operation diamond – based stabilization back;
- Biceps – they bend your arm at the elbow, “hold” the handle of the machine to the belt. Many want them completely off, but fitness work for inclusion eliminates the need for thousands of additional exercises for hands, especially if we are talking about girls. To tone this load is enough, more serious goals are achieved specialized exercises;
- Of a trapezoid, the large circular muscles, and the posterior bundles of the deltoid further included in the exercise
Include exercise in your back third or fourth, depends on the purpose of the training cycle, but it can give bonuses like professional athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
The movement belongs to the category of technically simple. It is accessible to beginners, enthusiasts and even rehabilitation clients. Is performed in a block training simulator with a bottom or horizontal cable mount. If there’s such a simulator, you can “collect” it by installing a crossover cable at the correct level and sit on a regular bench. The legs in this position abut the pancakes, but luckily, in most modern halls to engage in design activity is not necessary. Enough to take the simulator.
How to perform the exercise:
- To sit on the car seat, grab the handle with your hands straight grip, and place the feet on the stand to focus;
- To take a vertical position;
- The blades given to the spine, back straight;
- By reducing the widest start to thrust, bring the weight biceps;
- To stay with a pen in his lap within 1-2 seconds;
- Perform all repetitions;
- To return the handle to its original position, and finish the movement
The exercise is done in 3-4 working approaches of 10-15 reps, but there may be other options, due to the needs of the person.
How to choose a working weight
The General rule for fitness final approach 2-3 repetitions should be given with difficulty, through the burning muscles, but without breaking the equipment. That is, the ability to perform exercise should be maintained, but people should not work through the super.
You can use the simple scheme:
- Set weight weights of 10 to 15 kg and do 5 reps
- If the work is very easy – add 2.5 kg and do another couple of reps;
- Walk this way to the weight that will be really hard to raise;
- Express approach, and relax for 2-3 minutes or until complete recovery;
- Follow that weight 12 reps;
- If was easy – again add weights
Important: to have a rest in the approach need to full restore to choose the really proper weight.
Most simulators for horizontal thrust developed taking into account anatomic features of a human, and give weight to pull without jerks, tremors, and violations of equipment. The movement can be made smoothly and accurately, and this applies to people with any anthropometry.
Common mistakes need to avoid simply because their Commission will not allow enough pressure or realign the work in such a way that people injure muscles, joints or ligaments.
During traction to avoid:
- Work in rowing machine. Some athletes push with their feet in the pedal simulator block, and manage to straighten and bend their knees, swiveled his seat. This allows additionally to put your feet up, and makes it impossible to work in the amplitude, which is needed to study the back. Shifting the pelvis forward and backward, a person reduces the amplitude of the widest muscles and redistributes the load. In addition, “rowing” may cause stretching of the trapezius muscle and shoulder injuries due to the shifting vectors of power;
- Training on the rounded back. The owners of the “office posture”, that is twisted forward heads and shoulders, and weak rhomboid muscles of the back when pererasti trapeze, often perform this exercise incorrectly. They pull the scapula toward the spine and not actively working back. This option does not allow them to load a wide and diamond shaped, the thrust is performed by the biceps, and partly due to “throw” the weight up with your shoulders, the biomechanics of motion is disturbed;
- “Movement in three planes”. Lately it has become fashionable to promote the work of the undulating spine in some strength exercises. It is called fitness in three dimensions. But in the thrust to the belt is not appropriate, because due to the Seating position, the load completely accepts the lumbar spine. Excessive “looseness” in the back leads to overload and injury;
- Stretching the hands forward with each repetition. This may be due to the anthropometry of the athlete. People with long legs and short arms should be as firmly fixed legs, and to perform the tilt rod only once – when you grab the handle of the exerciser;
- Work in different planes in the same round. Block appetite can be performed for waist and abdomen or the top of your chest. But work in different planes is harmful to the ligaments and joints. It overloads the shoulder joint, and can lead to the fact that the person will then suffer pain. Besides, the burden will shift to the hands, as they “direct” the handle of the simulator in different planes.
Technical errors can be avoided if adequately pick up the weight for work, and not in a hurry to implement repetition. Controls should be the basis of training.
The variations differ depending on the features of the simulator, arm and seat height. The same traction can be performed in the simulator or lever the hammer to get enough pressure.
Options depending on the grip
- If you deadlift narrow grip with palms codirectional creates a nice stretch center back, the broadest muscle. This exercise allows to study the so-called “depth” of the back, to give relief to the center of the widest.
- Option of traction with a broad statement of the hands and palms inward with the forearm perpendicular to the floor allows additionally to use not only the top of the widest, but also the rear deltoids beams. This contributes to a beautiful T-back.
- If your palms to direct the inside, and enough to leave wide, or grab a curved fretboard to thrust, the exercise will turn into a real “sculptor” for the contours of the back, and will allow us to shape a beautiful muscle profile, along with design wide.
To pull in different directions
Here the equation is simple, what part of the body we perform traction, there is more involved muscles. To work on the middle part of the back you need to pull the belt, the waist line, and try to make the movement through the muscles of the back. Thrust to the groin contributes to the design of the lower segment is the widest, and the chest – top. Beginners easier to pull it to his chest, as their center back often lags behind. You can alternate the direction of the pull from workout to workout to develop your back in harmony.
Craving for girls
This exercise is often included in women’s training, which is absolutely justified. Most girls do not want to have substantial muscle mass back and is content with a small correction of posture and tone. Movement helps to activate a wide, removes the ugly “wave” on the back that appear to lack muscle tone, and allows you to get rid of pain. In the women’s training it may be the only horizontal thrust, if the goal is solely weight loss and maintaining muscle tone.
When not doing deadlifts
This exercise has quite a few contraindications. Usually active spasm of the piriformis muscle does not pull sitting until dissolved and fully blended. If there is pain in the buttock, radiating to the lower back and leg is pull standing at the crossover with a vertical back, and use a small weight, while the gluteal and piriformis to be stretched.
Back pain of any kind can also pull of standing at the crossover, or lying face down on the bench with a small weight, but not in the simulator browsing. Herniation of the lumbar spine are contraindications to this thrust, but only if a person can not sit in principle, and can not pull with good technique.
In other cases, the movement may be included in training programs for both beginners and professionals.