Physical activity with jump rope: benefits and contraindications
- The benefits of physical activity with jump rope and contraindications to them
- Sample fitness training rope
- Tips for beginners on conducting fitness classes
Jump rope – available for most sports equipment, which can not only jump, but also to perform various exercises. Many people wrongly ignore the work of the rope, believing that it is solely child’s play. And they do it absolutely in vain, since thus deliberately depriving yourself of great use. Physical load exerted on the body during operation of the rope, is classified as aerobic, so a positive effect of it is comparable, for example, by Jogging or Cycling.
The benefits of physical activity with jump rope and contraindications to them
Through regular physical activity, which are based on different jumping rope, can quickly achieve the following positive results:
- strengthen cardiac muscle and improve the elasticity of the vessel walls, thereby improving the circulatory system and preventing the development of diseases of heart and vessels;
- to develop the lungs, significantly increasing their useful alveolar volume;
- to increase the concentration of oxygen in the blood and, therefore, speed up metabolic and other processes in the body, and to improve work of all organs and systems;
- to tone the muscles of the entire body and significantly strengthen the muscles of the lower limbs, and bark;
- to improve blood circulation and get rid of stagnation, including cellulite;
- to burn a lot of calories (up to 400 for half an hour), so, to get rid of extra pounds and make a figure slim and toned;
- increase endurance and improve overall physical fitness.
However, despite this tremendous benefit, fitness rope is contraindicated for people with such health problems:
- serious dysfunction of the cardiorespiratory system, for example, valvular heart disease, cardiac and pulmonary insufficiency, asthma, hypertension and so on;
- problems with the joints;
- scoliosis in the later stages and other diseases of musculoskeletal system;
- ophthalmic diseases;
- pregnancy, especially if it occurs with pathologies.
Sample fitness training rope
Universal fitness training with a rope, as a result of which it is possible to efficiently strengthen the muscles and burn a lot of calories, you may undergo this plan:
Tips for beginners on conducting fitness classes
To fitness training with a skipping rope has been as productive and as safe as possible, beginners need to use the following useful recommendations:
- first we need to choose the right projectile for fitness. It needs to match the growth of the person who will work with him. If you choose it to use either the mapping table or one of two practical ways. First method: take both handles in one wrist and pull the arm in front of him at chest level. If the cord reaches to the floor, the length of the projectile is considered appropriate, and exercise with this rope to be extremely comfortable. To determine the optimal size of the projectile in a different way, you have to step on the middle of the cord and pull the ends of the rope on the sides. If they get to the underarms, then this size is suitable;
- conducting warm-up before fitness training and cool-down after it is an important and integral part of the training process. The efficiency of rope, performed without a warm-up, several times lower than the jumps performed with preliminary heating of the muscles. In addition, warm-up physical activity reduces the risk of various injuries. Hiccup, in turn, helps to relieve tension and spasms in the muscles, and stimulates the regeneration of muscle tissue;
- fitness training should be performed 2-3 hours after last meal and within the hour after training are recommended to refrain from eating;
- you must train regularly. The number of sessions per week depends on their intensity and the ultimate goal. If you want to tone muscles and improve your fitness, three fitness workouts a week would be enough. If you want to get rid of extra pounds, the number of sessions can be increased to five;
- jumping over the rope, should continuously monitor pulse, not letting it increase to the critical value due to the individual maximum. This maximum can be calculated, if you take away from the constant factor 220 number of full years of training. For the convenience of monitoring heart rate, you can use the heart rate monitor;
- jump to in shoes designed specifically for this type of physical activity. Sole of running shoes should have good shock absorbing properties to minimize the force of impact of the feet on the floor and to protect the joints from overload and injury.
Uses photographs Shutterstock