The gastrocnemius muscle and the soleus muscle make up the array of the lower leg. In life, these muscles are constantly shrinking, when we walk, rise on socks, wear shoes with heels. They are strong and hardy. Therefore, to swing the calf is difficult, they do not develop when using conventional amplitude exercises and light weights.
Lifting on socks work well if:
- 1 Working muscles
- 2 Use and contraindications
- 3 the Technique of the lifts standing
- 3.1 the post
- 3.2 With dumbbells
- 3.3 In the gym
- 4 safety upgrades sitting
- 4.1 In the simulator
- 4.2 free weights
- 5 How many sets and repetitions to do
An array of calf muscles is the soleus muscle of the calf and Achilles tendon. The appearance of the calf depends on the volume of muscles, but the strength and range of motion and tendon too. If you perform lifts, pulls tendons and ligaments.
The position drift sock gives you the ability to load the muscle with accents:
This option exercise, as lifting on socks while sitting, is not so much for calf muscles, but for the soleus. This movement creates volume in the center of the muscle.
Use and contraindications
For athletes of all sports, where the strength and power of the legs, these exercises can hardly be overestimated. Working on the Shin not only powerlifters and weightlifters, but also representatives of sports where you need good jumping ability.
Those who seek to improve the proportions, it is important to know that without the development of the calf is difficult to make the legs slim. Men who have powerful hamstrings and quadriceps, a lot of out of proportions, if not shake the drumstick.
Women these movements help to build a more visually slim ankles, and graceful knees. Besides, developed calf help to get rid of pain that often occurs from walking in heels.
Contraindications when pumping the calf:
- A serious stage of varicose veins;
- Injuries of the Achilles tendon, dislocations of joints, sprains, tears of muscles
The technique of the lifts standing
To rise on socks standing in the simulator Smith, Gakk machine and with free weights – barbell, dumbbells, sendagi, weights.
For those who know how to stabilize the core, and the right to hold weight in the deadlift. If such skills are not, you should learn, and yet, perform exercises for your legs in the gym.
In fact, variants of the post two of the post on the back straight and outstretched hands.
In direct arm’s length in front of me:
- Stand up straight, raise the weight to the level of the pockets due to the extension in the hip and knee joints, to hold the weight shoulder width slightly wider than the hips;
- Then put socks on poles or pancakes;
- To fulfill the required number of ascents in a natural motion as if getting up on tiptoe;
- To go from the support;
- Lower the barbell to the floor
If you can not hold the weight straight grip or “lock”, you can run the option exercise, when the weight is taken on the back as in the squat. You need to install the fretboard on top, available for squat, place palms slightly wider than shoulders, podsohnet, bend legs in knee joints and in one motion remove the bar from the racks, to move away from them and place socks on the pancakes. It then runs the desired number of repetitions, and the shell is back on the stand.
This option is more simple for those who have trouble maintaining balance, stabilization and core muscles.
The version with weights is done as follows:
- Stand up straight, lift the dumbbells to the floor in one movement as in the deadlift;
- Place them on the sides, vultures are parallel to each other;
- To perform all repeat ascents;
- Remove socks from pancakes, to move, put the dumbbells on the floor
Option on one foot with one dumbbell or a pancake, and holding free arm for vertical support (wall or simulator) is good for creating symmetrical calf, if a person has scoliosis, as well as for diversity training.
In the gym
Total plus all equipment – ability to perform exercises more isolated, without the “return” the extra load in the muscles of the body.
The technique is this:
- Place the weights on the back or shoulders;
- To remove the safety focus of the simulator;
- Put socks so that it is easy to climb;
- To fulfill the required number of ascents;
- To put the weight in place, and lock the safety emphasis
Equipment upgrades sitting
Exercise sitting more working on the middle part of the tibia and involve the soleus muscle. Variants of its implementation may be two – in simulator or with free weights
In the simulator
- Adjust the height stops the simulator so that the thigh is parallel to the floor when you sit;
- Remove the simulator from the clamp, place the weight of weights on the thighs;
- Perform the required number of repetitions of lifting on socks;
- Return the simulator in a stable position
The weight should be placed on the hips. If you are using rod, you can place a Mat below the neck did not leave bruises on the legs. With dumbbells even easier – use the help of your partner and place them on the hips.
The technique is this:
- The weight placed on the hips;
- The athlete sits on a stable bench, you can set the backrest so that it is easy;
- The rise of the socks is done actively, a six-stabiliziruemost hands;
- After the end of the motion, the assistant removes the weight from the feet of the athlete or the athlete copes with this task
How many sets and repetitions to do
The training goal and the weight of the weights determine the number of repetitions and approaches. Usually recommend for the relief to do more than 15 reps of 3-4 approaches to ground — 8-12 repetitions with heavy weight, and maintaining fitness – 12-15 repetitions.
Other sources indicate that calves need to download always to failure, but so will correct the shape and add volume, because it is a tough muscle that need increased load.
The number of sets should be individualized. Some athletes make a large amount of exercises that involve muscles of the lower leg. They have a lot of squat, pull and do not need to complete 4-5 sets of lifting on socks. This will lead, rather, to the depletion of muscle and drop the power, not the pumped volume growth. These athletes just 2-3 sets on the leg.
Those who engaged in classic bodybuilding programs, you need 3-4 sets.
Don’t forget about tibia, and you will build a harmonious body and protect yourself from injury.