The simplest thing you can do for biceps everyone is a lifting of the dumbbells. The exercise is part of the Arsenal of training the beginner, it helps to work out and biceps, and forearm muscles, and can be performed in different variants – straight grip, “rock”, alternately, simultaneously, standing, sitting, on the bench Larry Scott, in a simple style, drawing on the wall. This one movement is enough for millions of Soviet boys to get decent biceps. In modern bodybuilding it helps to achieve impressive results – large, symmetrically developed hands – that is the main purpose of the person who makes lifts.
- 1 Working muscles
- 2 performance Technique
- 3 Options exercise
- 3.1 With an emphasis in hip – concentrated lifting
- 3.2 Lying on incline bench
- 4 inclusion in the program
- The main working muscle is the biceps muscle of the shoulder. He is biceps, this is what we want to develop, doing a lot of lifts and strive to do more reps with a significant weight;
- Help movement brachialis and brachioradialis – shoulder and brachioradialis muscles. The first is responsible for the size of forearms in the aesthetics of the body, the second – as if to “lift” the biceps, if qualitatively hypertrophied;
- Front deltoids act as stabilizers. They help even out the weight during the movement, and strain of statically. Partly involved as stabilizers triceps, if the dumbbells are lowered slowly enough
This exercise is effective for athletes of all skill levels. It can be performed in two variations-setting palm:
Supination is the turning outward of the brush.
- With the direction the palm of the abdomen;
- Spinaroonie the rise, that is, palms up
Variations of initial situation, too few:
- A simple upgrade to standing;
- The movement of the focusing of the forearm in the thigh while sitting (concentrated lifting);
- The lift sitting on the bench;
- The rise sitting on a flat bench;
- Lift with dumbbells, “hammer”
This exercise is best to learn standing or sitting. The first option is more simple and classic. You should start with relatively light dumbbells to work out at first, the movement, and then to execute it properly and in the right amount.
The movement is:
- Initial position: stand, feet wider than shoulders, dumbbells along the body to direct arm’s length;
- Forearms pressed against the sides. The elbows do not Balk at the sides or belly, but moving them from side to side, too, is impossible;
- The movement is done with flattened blades and tense press;
- Exhaling, raise the dumbbells up to the level of the elbow, and then spread his hands, palms up, and bring the dumbbell almost up to the shoulders;
- You need to stop a few centimeters from the shoulder at the point where the biceps is reduced to the greatest extent;
- Then his hands slowly straighten the elbows and lower to starting position.
- During the ascent, carefully allow the hands to the shoulders without any unnecessary movements of the body;
- No need to turn the dumbbells lower than the “projected dumbbell in the crook of the elbow”, otherwise you can brush up on injuries to the ligaments of the elbow joint with a too high weight;
- The movement should be smooth, exhale on the effort
All the variations one way or another involve the biceps and brachialis. The question is “proportions”. Option focusing more in the thigh isolates the biceps, supination – distributes the load equally, and hammers and reverse grip focus on brachialis.
With a focus in hip – concentrated lifting
There is a perception that concentrated lifting have to do with more weight, but it’s not. Enough to execute it cleanly and with less weights to get significant effect. This movement is suitable for pumping peaks of the biceps.
The technique is this:
- Is the bench adequate height that your thighs are parallel to the floor;
- First running exercise with weaker hands;
- The elbow rests on the thigh steadily standing on the floor of the foot, the sock is deployed in the squat, the knee bent;
- The body slightly leans in the direction of the working hands, but does not fit on the thigh;
- The hand with the dumbbell rises slowly on the exhale;
- The projectile goes to the shoulder;
- Rules for reversal are the same as in the classic lift, the twist at the mid-amplitude;
- In this technique there is a tendency to fill up the back towards the working hands, and to stoop. You need to control yourself and not to allow changes in body position.
Lying on incline bench
A lifting on a biceps on an incline is an exercise of the stretched position of the bicep. This is performed as with supination, and the “rock” and designed for a concentrated study of the biceps.
The technique is this:
- The bench is set at an angle of forty-five degrees or slightly below. You need to choose a position where there is no pain in the shoulder joints;
- Need to press back to the bench tight enough, the blade to pull the spine;
- Raise the dumbbells to mid amplitude “hammer”, then spread palms up hands;
- At the top of the wrist watch to the arm, the biceps is shortened, but specifically to bring the hand to the shoulder is not necessary;
- You must stop at the point of amplitude, where the muscle shortened maximally;
- Lowering takes place in reverse order, but slowly
The work on the bench with a straight back is used by those athletes who would like to get rid of the cheating back and can’t perform the exercise against the wall, as the room just is not possible.
Bearing back against the wall is one technical caveat – the back should be fully pressed, forearms to the sides, but the feet makes sense to push forward so that the position was sustainable in the rack.
Inclusion in the program
Introduction this exercise program can be quite challenging. There is a perception that everything that is done with weights should only be done after barbell exercises. This is true if the athlete can do the exercises with a barbell. When we are talking about beginners or girls, it makes sense to leave in the program only this movement, and to improve technique.
Rises, drawing in the thigh, and also on incline bench is performed with a lighter weight, and stretched in amplitude. This means that it makes sense to include in the program closer to its end, that is, when the main lifting on the biceps already done. You can combine simple or bronirovannyj a lifting on a biceps exercise with dumbbells.
The biceps are usually trained in a day are thrust to the body on the back, it is rational from the point of view of obtaining the maximum load on the targeted muscle group. If you do biceps the day back, just a couple of exercises on it.
Those who want to train him in a single day, needs to perform 3-4 exercises to fully work the muscle. In both cases, there are 3-4 working approach.
Does the Seto-re scheme for weight loss or muscle-building? In the classical theory of bodybuilding, we recommend doing 8-12 reps in a period of masonboro more than 12 up to 20 drying.
The human muscles consist of fibers of different types, and what works for one athlete may not be very promising for the other. Because the athletes should concentrate on their own sensations, and to observe what kind of lifting on a biceps works for them best.
Technology study of the bicep is to perform the movement using the maximum of the target muscle group. You need to actively reduce the biceps to achieve significant hypertrophy, but not to sway the whole body, and not to throw the dumbbells to shoulder. Cheating can use professionals when reached a plateau. For a newbie Amateur this is too hard measure.