Lifting barbells for biceps standing available to all – from beginners to professionals. It remains a major movement for many people for decades. It is technically simple, can be performed with more weight, and even became competitive movement. Yes, some people compete in this exercise, and even win international competitions. Main variations of the movement for two – straight lifting and exercise with a curved bar. The latter is done to remove pressure off the brushes.
- 1 Technique
- 1.1 the embodiments of the
- 2 the anatomy of the exercise
- 3 preparing for the exercise
- 4, the Correct implementation
- 4.1 Error
- 4.2 Recommendations for improving effectiveness
- 5 inclusion in the program
- 6 Contraindications
- As in the other exercises for biceps, denied cheating. No need to bring the barbell to the shoulders / body, to throw and push with their feet;
- Large weights that go up in “pendulum” mode can cause injury. You should start with a feasible weight rod;
- Tilt back ago can create a dangerous load on the spine, and is therefore banned;
- Relax elbows, put on the stomach and tilting back ago prohibited, as it removes the load from the target muscle
- A lift with a curved barbell. The purpose of using such a vulture – a removal of load from the brushes. Worked out biceps and lift with a curved barbell too;
- Variations in width of grip. A narrow grip is considered to be a priority for the long head of the biceps, wide grip priority load short head. But both exercises are considered comprehensive;
- Grip top. Is to work out the forearms;
- Simply lifting barbells for biceps. So is any option is completely without cheating, but in practice it can be a variation with a prop spins in the wall
Anatomy of exercise
Bending hands with a barbell or lifting on a biceps – example odnoselchanka isolation exercises. Sometimes they write that this is the “base for biceps”, but here we mean just the basic exercise for pumping the muscles, not “base” in the context of “mnogoetajnoe exercise”. In the embodiment, when the forearm pressed to the sides, and elbows stable the majority of the load shifts towards the lateral head of the bicep. To involve the medial athletes slip your elbows back, behind your back, and try to take up the post a bit already.
Although it is an isolation movement, the work involved supporting muscles:
- Round muscle of the shoulder;
- The extensor of the wrist;
- Front Delta
Preparation for exercise
If the hands are done in a single day, the rise of the biceps is likely to be the first movement. Then you should run a full joint warm-up, warm up the wrists, shoulders, elbows, and all joints of the body, to the position of the post was stable. The lifter must not neglect the articular warm-up, even if only planning to work out hands.
The first approach runs warm-up light weight. Further variants are possible depending on the weight of the rod. Someone goes to a working weight, adding 2, 5 kg, someone just “put” everything and performs in 3-4 business approach. Individually, you need to observe the body and train only as more convenient.
If training arms and back combined, one is usually enough warm-up approach. In terms of training the rise of the biceps with a barbell may be the only movement for this muscle, since the back can be performed a greater number of exercises.
The correct execution
- The main secret of this exercise is to raise only biceps, do not swing the body, not try to bring the weight with your legs. Cheating appears on large scales all athletes, it is the norm. Therefore, the conclusion is obvious – you need to use a manageable weight, and do not try to impress anybody with this movement. Cheating can be considered a technical device only for sports where speed is required. In addition, it is used within the drop-sets of experienced athletes;
- Under normal techniques are not expected to eliminate elbows forward and back, they should be fixed at one point. This will eliminate the unnecessary involvement of the muscles of the body in work;
- “Bend” of the wrist forward, towards the shoulders, it is also not recommended. The movement occurs through flexion at the elbow, bring the bar tassels do not need;
- The extension of the back shell carries the load on the muscles of the back, so it should be minimized. Recommend to stretch back into the wall, if this movement turns “itself” on any scale of weights;
- It is not recommended to hold your breath during exercise, muscles work more efficiently in the “exhale on effort” and not the delay of air in the lungs;
- No need to “rest”, my rod on the front of the Delta. Many people think that top point is a peak reduction, in fact she is dead. The reduction is 4-5 cm, from shoulder, and you just need to stretch the biceps as hard at this point and not above or below;
- It is not allowed to reset the down rod of inertia, and “failure” from the lower point due to the impetus of the thighs;
- “The insertion of the elbow” at the bottom is optional, on the contrary, lowering the bar, it is important to keep the muscles tense so that the biceps got more loads;
- Slow lowering of the rod from the top point is a technical trick to increase the power of your arms
- Help hips lifting bar;
- The tilt back, which allows you to withdraw the shell from a dead point;
- Twisting of the hands to the shoulders;
- The transfer of body weight on the front part of the arch of the foot and offset the load on feet;
- Room brushes down at the bottom point of the exercise;
- Lifts with a barbell, which exceeds human capabilities;
- The output of the projectile dead center at the top, and stop without strain;
- Keeping your weight on your heels, and tilt back ago
Recommendations for improving the effectiveness of
Performing the movement with the usual direct classified, the athlete receives the following benefits:
- The ability to use a wider grip to enable the muscles to work differently;
- More comfortable shell for the exercise reverse grip;
- A good grip for those who have long fingers
Reverse grip is more suitable for those who want to use the forearm and not just the biceps. In one training exercise can be performed both direct and reverse grip, so as not to lose the benefits of both options.
Inclusion in the program
Training of the hands usually begins either in this movement or pull-UPS reverse grip, and then continues by lifting a barbell on the biceps. The exercise is performed with more substantial weight than concentrated lifting and movement in the Scott bench.
To choose the right weight of the projectile will help simple test. Raise the right arm can be loaded without any breakthrough, acceleration of the hips or other unnecessary movements of the feet and the body. If you are unable to bend the elbow without the help of the body, the weight should be reduced.
- Active injuries of the wrists, elbows, waist and shoulders are a contraindication to performing exercises with a heavy weight;
- Protrusion and herniation in the lumbar spine usually cause people to go to the UPS browsing, or perform a concentrated version, back to wall;
- It is not recommended to perform the exercise without the wrist bandages, if the wrist is overwhelmed by the amount of work in the bench press with heavy weight;
- Exercise is not recommended for those who have inflamed ligaments or muscles of the arms, this requires a couple of days of rest to let the body time to recover.