Share in WhatsApp
Fitness in the workplace: exercises for office workers
- Use a short fitness at work
- A set of exercises for office workers
- Fitness workout to stretch muscles in the workplace
Sedentary office work is not the most favorable impact on human health. The lack of physical activity several times increases the risk of a number of diseases, from osteoarthritis to obesity. To reduce the negative effects of a sedentary lifestyle, you can, if you regularly perform special exercises, almost without leaving a workplace.
Use a short fitness at work
Even the very short period of fitness training in the workplace has such a positive effect on the human body:
- oxygenates the blood and improves circulation, which improves performance;
- relieves stress and improves your mood due to the release of blood hormone serotonin after exercise;
- relieves fatigue and muscle tension caused by prolonged stay in a fixed or awkward posture;
- mini fitness training in the workplace helps to raise the calorie consumption, which is beneficial to the body. This point is especially important and useful for employees of office who have a whole day to spend at your Desk without a full-fledged physical activity.
To make such a short fitness workout as productive as possible, you must strictly adhere to the following rules:
- breathe it deeply and steadily, not holding breath;
- each exercise must be performed slowly, carefully and consciously, trying to work out most muscle groups and joints;
- if possible, you should get rid of the clothes, if it doesn’t allow to fully perform any training movements, for example, you can remove his jacket or shoes;
- before conducting fitness classes in the workplace, ventilate the room to saturate the body with oxygen.
A set of exercises for office workers
Being on a workplace in the office, on a lunch break or any other spare time you can perform the following exercises:
- Sitting in a chair on wheels, you need to take two hands for the cover of the table so that your palms are from each other at a distance equal to shoulder-width apart and big toes were under the sink. Squeeze the belly to the edge of the table, to tear off feet from a floor and straining the abdominal muscles, gradually moving the chair away from the table at arm’s length. Pushing back the chair with force of muscles, you should tilt your body forward and lower the head between the upper limbs. You then need to smoothly return to the starting position, in which the belly pressed against the table, and repeat the exercise up to 15 times.
- Stand up straight at the table and, keeping your back straight, bend the lower limbs and lower the pelvis, as if sitting down on a chair. When doing squats your knees should not protrude over the conditional line formed by the toes. 4 perform the squat, lower the pelvis for the fifth time and linger at the lowest point for 2-3 seconds. Just need to sit down 15 times.
- Sitting on the edge of the chair, equipped with wheels, bend your knees and stretch your heels to the floor. Then, in this exercise, you should be keeping your back straight and tensing the abdominal muscles, straighten the lower limbs and move back in the chair. Pushing the heel into the floor, return to starting position and repeat the data movement of the chair 12 to 15 times, spending each repetition for at least 3 seconds.
- To stand at the table at a distance of 40-50 cm, to rest on the countertop with both hands and bring the chest to the top of the table, bending your elbows and pointing them to the side. At the lowest point of the pushup from the table body should resemble a straight diagonal line. The situation has to be fixed for 2-3 seconds, straighten your elbows and repeat this element of the fitness classes in the workplace at least 12 times.
- Sit on a chair with armrests and handle for their hands. Keeping your back straight and your elbows pressed against your body, press down hard on the armrests for 2 seconds. Then relax and repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Sitting at the table, to press the palm to the back of the countertop and straining muscles, with the power to put pressure on the top of the table, trying to lift it. Relax and repeat the exercise 15 times (or until you feel fatigue in the muscles of the upper limbs).
- To sit on a chair, straighten your back, clench and to involve the stomach. To fix this situation for 5-7 seconds, relax and repeat this element of fitness classes from 10 to 15 times.
- Sitting on a chair without shoes, first knocking his heels on the floor for a minute, and then ride footsteps of the cylindrical object, for example, a plastic bottle of water, the maximum possible period of time. These simple elements of fitness training will stimulate blood circulation and lymphatic flow in the lower extremities.
Fitness workout to stretch muscles in the workplace
In addition to the above exercise movements, office workers, who spend most of the time sitting at the table, you can include in your fitness training a few elements to stretch the back muscles:
- Exactly standing or sitting in a chair with your back straight, pull the upper limb in front of him, clasping his brush into the castle, deploy your palms away and stretch as far forward as possible, rounding the back. Feeling of maximum stretching of the muscles, to stay in this position for 15 seconds, then relax and lower the upper limb. If necessary, repeat the exercise several times.
- Stand up straight, put the palms on the lower back so that the fingers pointing down. Pushing on the lumbar of the back together the blades, lower the shoulders and bulging forward of the chest. Fix this posture for 15 seconds. By carrying out this element of fitness training, you should not tip the head back.
- Sitting on the edge of the office chair, bend knees and put feet on the floor. Putting hands on knees, to bend at the waist, bringing together the blades. Repeat the exercise 8-10 times in order to stretch the muscles of the back and waist.
These simple elements it is recommended to perform several times a day to stretch your muscles and get your blood flowing.