Share in WhatsApp
Intense running for weight loss: rules and recommendations
- Contraindications to Jogging for weight loss
- The rules of running to reduce excess weight
- Recommendations for organization of fitness workouts, including Jogging
Running is one of the most energy intensive types of physical activity with cardio, which stimulates weight loss. People who want to get rid of extra pounds, you should definitely include in a fitness program of regular Jogging. However, to achieve the most effective results from running and not to harm your health, it is necessary to consider features of cardio, as well as the rules and nuances of the organization runs, which significantly affect the productivity of training.
Contraindications to Jogging for weight loss
Before you commence the fitness exercises, which include Jogging, you need to consult with a doctor and make sure that such intense training there are no contraindications. Usually doctors do not recommend Jogging to people who have the following health problems:
- acute infection and any inflammation in the body;
- exacerbation of peptic ulcer disease;
- kidney stones and gallbladder;
- dysfunction of the endocrine system;
- diseases of the heart and blood vessels;
- varicose veins;
- low back pain and flat feet.
The presence of diseases from this list it is better to replace a heavy load that has on the body running, more gentle. For example, for weight loss is Jogging you can go walking or water aerobics.
The rules of running to reduce excess weight
Weight loss through running is effective and safe, if in the organization of fitness activities and environments to adhere to certain rules:
- heart rate control is the main condition of effectiveness of the gym with cardio, which includes Jogging.
To the decrease in excess weight, heart rate should be maintained within certain limits due to minimum and maximum load standards. The lower limit of normal physical activity you can find out if from 220 to subtract the number of complete years, and the resulting value multiplied by a factor of 0.6. The maximum increase in heart rate during fitness workouts with cardio calculated by the formula: (220 — age) * 0.8 or greater. Thus, for a person under the age of 30 heart rate while Jogging should vary between 114-152 beats per minute. If the heart rate is not normal in half an hour after running, so the cardio-vascular system can not handle the load and we need to reduce them;
- duration of fitness training, including running, should be between 45 minutes to 1 hour.
The breakdown of fat cells to provide energy occurs only after 40 minutes of intense cardio, and this source of energy are the carbohydrates received from food. Accordingly, the process of reducing excess weight will be more effective if run in the morning on an empty stomach;
- speed is of great importance.
Of course, a quick run allows you to spend more calories, but that pace is able to withstand a few, even for experienced fitness people, not to mention those who have extra pounds. The best option of running for beginners — alternating fast and moderate pace. Using this running technique during fitness training you can burn maximum amount of calories without fatigue, lose weight to 500 g for one hour and run with it to improve your stamina;
- drinking regime while Jogging helps you stay hydrated and stimulates the metabolism.
Drink water in small portions — 2 small SIPS every 4 minutes of running;
- before Jogging for weight loss you need to perform a simple workout.
Warm-up exercises increase blood circulation, warm the muscles and increase joint mobility. This reduces the risk of injury during intense runs, aimed at effective reduction of excess weight. Warm up before running may include swings and rotations of the limbs, bending and twisting of the body, squats, jumping jacks or any other exercise. Terminate jog followed by stretching exercises.
Recommendations for organization of fitness workouts, including Jogging
To increase the productivity of Jogging for weight loss, in addition to compliance with the above rules, it is necessary to take into account the following experts ‘ recommendations on fitness:
- it is believed to run better in the morning to burn more fat cells and stimulate metabolism, which is quite active in the morning helps to spend more calories during the day.
If you can not organize a morning jog, you can allocate time for them 11 to 13 hours, or between 16 and 18 hours of evening, when the muscle activity reaches its maximum. In addition, when organizing the schedule of Jogging to reduce excess weight you need to consider that you can run only 2 hours after the last meal;
- for the safety of the feet and reduce the shock load on the foot is preferable to run over rough terrain, dirt paths in the Park or at the stadium with Garaevym plated tracks.
Besides, in the Park, cleaner air, and because while running, the frequency and intensity of breathing increase, then Jogging outdoors is much healthier than running along the city’s thoroughfares. If it is not possible to do in the fresh air, can be used for weight loss a treadmill with long and wide blade;
- clothing for running should be comfortable.
It is important that items of clothing does not RUB the skin during intense physical activity and do not interfere with the movements. For Jogging on the street you need to dress for the season, that was not too hot or too cold. The material of the form for running can be natural or synthetic, as long as it was durable and absorbent;
- for Jogging you should wear special running shoes with high cushioning properties.
These shoes locks the foot in the correct position and reduces shock loading.
- to enhance the effect of weight loss on thighs, stomach and waist, some experts recommend the use of cosmetics, causing them to problematic parts of the body before a jog.
While running, the effect of various creams and lotions to reduce the volume of the body increases and the skin becomes more toned and smooth.