American weightlifters belong to the incredible record in the world of weightlifting. These guys knew how to increase the bench press, so in this article we examine the theory and let us examine the practice in the footsteps of their overseas counterparts.
The main phase of the bench press
Allocated 9 phases:
- STRT is the start of the lift rod (a straightened hand, rod in the quiescent state).
- MXVL – upon reaching the marked speed the biggest.
- MXAL – the moment after squeezing back the achievements of the rod of the large acceleration.
- CHST – time of achieving classified chest muscle groups.
- MXAR – local maximum acceleration of the rod in an upward motion after reaching the chest.
- MXVR local maximum lifting speed of the rod after reaching the muscles.
- MNAR is a local maximum vertical acceleration of the rod after reaching the chest.
- MNVR is a local maximum lifting speed of the rod after reaching the muscles.
- END – completion of “lift” (arms extended, barbell alone).
Notice how the lifting phase, and then lowering the neck. The first is the direction of lowering.
The image reflects:
- 2 the movement of the rod – inexperienced and professional body Builder in the bench press;
- the path of the rod during vertical acceleration (model in images a and b).
Biomechanics of the bench press: how it works
The pictures below shows the muscle groups that take part in all phases.
In order to achieve effective development of the muscles of the breast and to maximize the use of your arms and shoulders, the rod describes a trajectory in the form of “arches”. Side well see how the rod is lowered along the same line, when the athlete squeezes the weight off the chest.
Athletes often resort to tricks in order to squeeze more weight – for example, stand on the bridge properly.
The spine in this case is vulnerable, and can easily be injured.
Often when the bench press bar athletes do bounce off the chest. Why is this happening? Among the main reasons for the following:
- A – Loss of muscle control.
- B – Excessively large weight.
- C – Too rapid movement of the rod down.
- D – the Rebound off the chest of inertia.
- E – Physique performs negligible work.
Because of the rebound muscle fibers do not perform sufficient work to development, because the load intended for this exercise, is minimized, the execution occurs automatically. The weight of the chest when the bounce is removed because of 3 reasons – A, B, C.
Rod falls with all his weight on the chest pretty quickly, jumps up and embraces the muscles of the chest, arms and shoulders to launch up.
Many of the errors that are committed by athletes (rebound and a bridge), is a frequently cited ways to increase bench press barbell lying. Below we give some practical recommendations how to do it without harm for health.
Practical advice for increasing bench press
A person’s personality can be traced not only in personal qualities, but also in the structure of bone tissue, the prevalence/backlog of any muscles, plus physiological features.
Thus, it is important to take into account the anthropometry: if it is not the classic body structure, it is difficult to implement standard versions of the bench press:
- “trecasali” – with elbows pinned to the torso;
- “chest” – shoulder Department, hands at 90 degrees to the torso.
There is an intermediate styles, and in the plate you can look comfortable for yourself, it will be the first Council to enhance the results of the bench press.
Tips on technique
Increase bench press “nervous” methods
Below are a group of techniques based on the Central nervous system and contractile muscle. The brain controls the biomechanics of the bench press, it determines the number of fibers involved in the work to overcome the weight. The number of participating fibers depends on the force of contraction.
The weight that you are able to raise, is chosen depending on:
Thus, to increase the efficiency of the muscles, you need to teach:
Pump the relationship of “brain muscle” will help tips:
In order to teach muscle groups to reduce quickly, you need to use a 50-60 % weight and do 3 sets with maximum repetitions.
Rest between sets is two minutes.
There are plenty of advice, but now you’re armed with information and ready to overcome “iMovie plateau” with the new tools and any chips.;