How to pump calves at home: exercises and rules classes
- Important principles of training
- Home exercises for developing calf muscles
- Rules of performance of exercises
Muscles, allowing us to stand on tiptoe to straighten the foot and to keep balance during the movement, called the gastrocnemius. They are located on the back of the legs and require sufficient perseverance to good development and toned appearance. Exercises to work out the calves not so much, in addition this area is not very easy to pimp, but her diligent study will significantly improve the figure.
Important principles of training
Training calf muscles, like all others, should be carried out according to certain rules. Given that calves are to small muscle groups, the main role in their study of the play than isolating exercises, and basic, which includes work the largest muscle groups of the body. For example, when performing squats with the weights at the same time use lower back, back and front of the thighs, calves and latissimus dorsi. In order to increase the volume of these muscles requires a lot of systematic training and about a year time.
In addition to the basic exercises for developing calf muscles should be performed and isolation, which will allow further study of smaller areas of the target muscles that are not available when you run the base. These exercises can be done with weights and without, to follow the they should immediately after working with a barbell.
Calf muscles for full development you need to give adequate time to recover. On average, need to do a three-day breaks in training and work calves no more than twice a week. So how do you perform targeted exercises work all the leg muscles, which occupy about 60% of the total volume of the body, their recovery takes a lot of time. During this period, you can focus your attention on the development of the muscles of the upper body, but all should comply with the measure and not to overload the body with physical exercise.
Home exercises for developing calf muscles
The development of calf muscles at home is possible, but in the absence of necessary equipment this process will be quite slow. Homework exercises for the calf should get at least a barbell and pair of dumbbells and master the complex:
- Deadlifts. This exercise helps in developing muscles of the back and the back of the thighs, in addition in the course of its implementation are actively involved and other muscle groups. There are only the two most common options for performing the deadlift: classic and sumo. The first involves the location of the legs on the width of the hip joints, and the second at a distance of two times larger than the previous. Training should be performed with moderate weight weights and perform more repetitions.
- Squats with a barbell. This is the most important basic exercise to quickly increase the volume of muscles of the legs. The muscles of the lower half of the body during the exercise working in the dynamics, and the upper static. So pumped all the greatest muscle groups, which also allows you to develop and smaller. During squats the back must always be straight, body should be slightly tilted forward and the buttocks take you back. In addition, it is important to ensure that at the lowest point of the squat the knees do not go beyond your toes.
- Lifting on socks with weights. This exercise can be performed with a barbell or dumbbells, as well as in special equipment or Smith machine. The last option is the most convenient and safe since the rod in this machine is securely fixed. Stand under the barbell resting on her shoulders, the heels should be directly under the fingerboard, and look to be well going forward. Remove the bar from the racks and begin to slowly rise on toes, trying to feel the contraction in the calf muscles.
- To do the lifting on socks and using dumbbells, the weight for this exercise should be selected very carefully, not chasing a result, and based on our own experience. Rise directly, feet on width of hip joints, pick up the dumbbell the required weight and lower them along the body. Perform rhythmic rises on his toes, holding your shoulders.
- To complicate the previous exercise, you can perform the lifts on one leg, holding the weights still in two hands.
- You can also do lifting on socks, standing on the dais. For a start, do this exercise without dumbbells, standing on a small hill socks. Raise and lower heel, maximum effect of bringing them to the floor.
In consolidating the results of the training good effect walking on the toes around the apartment for five minutes three times a day. Also useful for the development of leg muscles to walk up the stairs instead of using the Elevator, taking each step not a whole foot, but only her toe.
Rules of performance of exercises
Described home exercises are familiar to almost everyone and is quite simple in execution, but only if their technique is studied thoroughly. In addition, when execution of the complex should follow a few simple rules:
Uses photographs Shutterstock