Hammers standing – a common exercise to work out biceps. It is available to all levels involved in and can be performed with minimal equipment. To most people it fits. But the problem is that many perform it with technical errors, throwing the dumbbells to the shoulders the force of inertia, or making too many unnecessary movements. This is what keeps people away from pumping the most impressive biceps, not the wrong choice of exercise. Fortunately, to make the hammers can learn every person, it’s easy enough.
- 1 Technique
- 1.1 Attention
- 1.2 Recommendations
- 2 embodiments
- 2.1 Simultaneous flexion of both hands in the technique of “hammer”
- 2.2 Lift hammer in front of chest
- 2.3 Concentrated hammers
- 2.4 Hammers on an incline bench or Scott bench
- 3 Analysis exercises
- 3.1 What muscles are working
- 3.2 Advantages
- 3.3 Disadvantages of exercise
- 4 Training
- 5 Proper execution
- 5.1 Error
- 5.2 efficiency Advice
- 6 inclusion in the program
- 7 Contraindications
- 8 What to replace
- The elbows should be approximately in the plane of the spine. They do not need to back, reducing the amplitude and facilitating movement. If it turns out the only way, you need to take the dumbbells easier;
- The output of the elbows loads more forearms and also reduces the amplitude. This is a bug;
- Buildup body and throwing dumbbells by the force of inertia is not allowed;
- It is better to refrain from fully raising the hands at the bottom point of the amplitude. This can lead to overloading of the ligaments of the elbow joint.
- Keep your hands in the same plane, dumbbell vultures rise on two parallel elliptical trajectories. Otherwise the turn will disrupt the mechanics of the lift and will lead to a technical error;
- Do not lift too quickly, so as not to discourage the dumbbells from arms and not lose muscle tension. In this exercise, it is important always to strain the biceps, and not to relax it at the bottom
Simultaneous flexion of both hands in the technique of “hammer”
This exercise is suitable for those who have long been practicing. It is more voluminous than the normal lifting of the dumbbells on a biceps, so beginners may not be suitable. Good option for those who can keep their hands sufficiently evenly in the same plane, and raise the dumbbells, not Perekareva them to one side. This variation can be performed with heavier weights, and be the first or main exercise in the workout of your biceps. Serial rises usually finish the workout and run with a lighter weight.
Lift a rock in front of chest
This kind of flexing the biceps as though obliquely, is the dumbbell to the opposite shoulder in an elliptical path in front of the body. Flexion on a biceps hammer in front of the chest to a greater extent involved in the exercise, shoulders. This option is like the “monsters of mass”, as it is technically more convenient for large hands, but you need to remember about balance, and the need for isolation of the working muscle groups.
The exercise is performed on the Scott bench, or in the emphasis of the elbow in the thigh in a sitting position. “Concentrated” the hammers are when the elbow is placed on the inclined bench, arm bent at full amplitude. In this embodiment, takes less weight the cheating case will not work at all desire, the exercise is performed very carefully and in a limited amplitude;
The hammers on an incline bench or Scott bench
In the halls where there is no bench Larry Scott exercise performed on a normal “najlonke”. The forearm is placed on the bench, tilted at a 30 degree angle, and fixation of the hand motion is. In the halls, where there is a Scott bench you use. This kind of exercises more isolated, it is good that we can work on hands with less weight, and do not include housing at the same time.
What muscles work
- The main driver is the biceps and brachialis;
- As stabilizers are brachioradialis, shoulders (front Delta), torso muscles, if you work standing up and even press
- This motion is often used if you need to develop the ability to pull a lot of weight in the slope on the back. It prepares the elbows and forearms to the load allows you to develop not only the strength but also the endurance of small muscles;
- Exercise allows you to get rid of the problems of underdevelopment of one half of the body, it helps to create a symmetrical figure;
- Quite simple technically, the movement is suitable to beginners;
- Can be performed with the simplest equipment;
- Is the exercise at the end of the workout, you can perform with a small weight, to avoid distension of the ligaments of the elbow joint;
- Movement is suitable for beginners;
- Allows you to increase the overall weight of the hands
- Coaches often remove the movement of the programs more advanced Amateurs, to enable them more harmoniously to develop biceps through exercises with a higher degree of isolation. This movement as a sort of “blurring” the load between the biceps brachialis, and muscles working statically. Many do not like;
Preparations for the implementation of this motion is quite simple. It is not placed in the beginning of training, so a joint warm-up is performed in common in the beginning, any special before bending hammers to do. Usually “warm-up” are a horizontal pull for back, or other exercises for this muscle group. Exercise is best done so that it was not the first in the plan, and there will be no need for some joint warm-up.
Before working approaches performed the movement with a small weight in the number of repetitions of about 15-20 to fill with blood working muscles, and additionally employ the nerve-muscle connection.
The correct execution
- Upgrades are performed on the exhale, the pace is quite slow, muscle contraction – concentrated. Bring the dumbbells up to the shoulders and to keep this “empty zone” should not be;
- Not allowed cheating and swinging the case in all movements;
- Hammers neutral grip considered a universal movement that involves not only the biceps and brachialis, but brachioradialis. The distribution depends on grip. If the palms are directed towards each other works more bicep, if you turn your palm down, shoulder and brachioradialis muscles;
- Elbows need to be held still pressed to the body. They do not move forward, backward, and don’t slip in different directions;
- The exercise is performed at a relatively limited amplitude, fully straighten the elbows and bring the dumbbells in “dead vis” should not. As soon as the load on the biceps is reduced, should be reduced trajectory;
- Not quite right to do this movement in the “cardiologia”, that is, performing multiple Mahi dumbbells in a large volume. Better to do it fairly concentrated and slowly to achieve maximum development.
- The main technical error is the “relaxation” of the dumbbell and lower shells along the body, too fast, so that they by inertia fell without the participation of the muscles;
- No need to raise the weight by pushing the legs and body;
- You should avoid summarizing the dumbbells close to the shoulders;
- You can not withdraw the elbows from the body in different directions
Tips for efficiency
- The best embodiment of this movement is to pick a weight so that it was optimal, do not overload the elbows, and not forced to do the hammers due to cheating;
- Beginners should not start with the hammers standing and sitting exercise to do exercise is probably isolated;
- If your elbows are apart, and depart from the body, it makes sense to lean back into the wall, or stand with the spine close to any vertical support;
- At the top you need to statically stretch the muscles and make a stop
Inclusion in the program
The movement may be the only exercise for biceps in programs of benchers of the and powerlifters. In bodybuilding and fitness is most often used as a “second” exercise with the arms bending wide of the post.
There may be other options to include. For example, hammers precede bending hands with a barbell, to enable them efficiently to heat up.
Seto-reuse scheme may be different. Runs 8-12 reps or 15-20, depending on weight and goals. In the mode of pumping of the muscles work with less weight and more repetitions.
Clear – injuries of the elbows and wrists. You need to wait until these zones fully heal;
The relative injury of the lumbar spine. In this case, light weight, controlled technique and the majority of the load for a set of static hold of the weight upstairs
What to replace
Can be used to replace the lower unit of a crossover with D-handle, shaking hands alternately. Sometimes do hammers with rubber bands. There are exerciser flexion on the biceps. It is a relative substitute, but it is preferred by those who are important the strict control of the trajectory.
Bending hammers can be replaced and the classic flexion with a dumbbell from the extended position (on incline bench) sitting or concentrated bending, if one priority objective is to pump up the biceps, not to do the exercises for the integrated development of the biceps, brachialis, brachioradialis, and front delts in a static state. The hammers can be inserted into the training from time to time or on an ongoing basis. Then each person decides, depending on the response of the body, physical fitness and personal preferences.