To prevent diseases of the spine using special physical exercises. Regular training increases the effectiveness of medicines. Let’s look at what lessons can be carried out and what good are they.
The benefits of exercise in osteochondrosis
When properly selected exercises with osteochondrosis of the cervical-thoracic spine, it is possible to see these positive changes:
- Restoration of mobility of the intervertebral joints. The spine will become flexible again.
- The attachment of the muscles of the neck and back.
- Preventing the emergence of pathological curves.
- The correct posture.
- The distribution of the load on the spine, to reduce pain in the neck and back.
- Prevent pinching of blood vessels in the cervical spine. Restores normal blood supply of the brain.
- The reduction of headaches.
- Improve blood circulation in the muscles and periarticular tissues. Thus, the intervertebral discs are functioning correctly.
- Addressing the root causes of degenerative disc disease is a passive lifestyle. The body toned, gaining energy, the health of the patient increases.
Contraindications to exercise
Gymnastics in osteochondrosis of the cervical-thoracic spine is very effective, but has contraindications:
- Severe myopia.
- An increase in intraocular pressure.
- High blood pressure.
- Cardiac arrhythmia.
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases.
- Acute diseases which cause disturbances of General health.
- Diseases of the vestibular apparatus.
- Disruption of the nervous system, accompanied by the incorrect coordination of movements.
- Recent surgical intervention on the spine.
- Exacerbation of osteochondrosis of the cervical-thoracic.
Recommendations on the implementation of gymnastics
To achieve a positive result and not harm your health, you must follow these rules on the implementation of gymnastics in osteochondrosis of the spine:
- Before class it is important to consult a qualified medical practitioner. Also should consult with the instructor who will select a set of exercises individually. This way you will be able to train at home.
- Selection of exercises depends on the phase of the disease, the physical capabilities of the patient, degree of dysfunction of the vertebra. In the period of exacerbation conduct gentle exercises without the weights and heavy loads. The movement is smooth. With the improvement of the health status possible to increase the load.
- During the first few sessions the patient may feel pain. It should not be strong. If the pain only increase, so a set of exercises with osteochondrosis matched incorrectly. It is necessary to immediately stop the occupation.
- To achieve positive results, exercises are held regularly. Better at the same time.
- Training lasts from 15 to 45 minutes. Also encouraged the implementation of additional short warm-up exercises. They can be done before or after the main complex.
- After training, you can get a massage and a warm shower. Thus the muscles are warmed up, the voltage is removed.
- An hour before training you must eat.
Exercises with osteochondrosis
Exercises with osteochondrosis of the spine is selected individually by physiotherapists.
Let’s look at what they can be:
- You need to lie on your back. The surface must be flat and rigid. It can be floor or couch. Under the head put a bead height of 10-15 centimeters. If not, maybe just twist Terry towel. Roller is under bending in the cervical spine. So lie should be 15-30 minutes. Exercise will help to relax the neck and reduce pain.
- Need from the seated, recumbent or standing position slowly bend your head forward. Chin at the same for the chest. Head is maximally flexed position for 4 to 10 seconds. Repeat 4-6 times.
- The following exercise for the spine in osteochondrosis is in a standing position perform turns head to right and left, tilts forward and back. Movement is slow, with a maximum amplitude. To do more than 10 repetitions.
- For efficiency, use the element of resistance. When the head is bent forward – her hinder hands, resting on the forehead. When tilted in the direction of the counter occurs, with emphasis on the cheek. Exercise for back osteochondrosis helps to restore mobility to the spine.
- You must be right. Make circular movements at the shoulders turns back and forth. Hands it straight.
- You should sit on a chair or take a standing position. The hands placed along the body. Shoulders rise up and press against the head. In this position, linger for 10 seconds, then lower. This exercise for back osteochondrosis repeat 4-6 times.
- Be exactly. Hands along the body. Shoulders slowly go back. Elbows and wrists are brought together. Then return to the starting position. Perform 4 times.
- Stand up straight, bend your arms at the elbow. Tassels at the shoulders. Join the elbows in front of your chest.
- The following exercise for the spine osteochondrosis, you need to sit on a chair with a back. Hands are on knees. Head slowly bent, chin pressed to chest. Back as if rolled into a ball. Then you need to slowly straighten and return to its original position. Head throws back and bend the spine. Perform 4 times.
Exercises for the back with osteochondrosis to perform better in the morning. So the muscles will be warmed up for the day. Trainings can take place at home or in the gym. The main thing is to follow the rules of the exercise and not continue with the training if you feel severe pain in the cervical-thoracic.