Fitness with kettlebells: exercise & workout plan
- The pros and cons of training with weights
- How to choose a shell?
- The elements and principles of kettlebell fitness classes
- The basic exercises with weights
- Fitness program for training with weights
- Contraindications of kettlebell sport
Weight is one of sports equipment, designed to perform strength exercises for men and women of all ages. It can be used to hold fitness classes like sports club or at home. The weights are plastic, cast iron, steel and neoprene, weighing from 4 to 40 kg. a Fitness program with the projectile is aimed at the elaboration and strengthening of the body muscles, fat loss, improved terrain shape and coordination, increase strength and endurance athlete.
The pros and cons of training with weights
Advantages of kettlebell sport:
Disadvantages of kettlebell fitness classes:
- no effect on muscle gains;
- increased injury rate, especially for beginners;
- a serious strain on the back and spine.
How to choose a shell?
Choosing the weighting for classes kettlebell fitness must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The shape of the projectile.
Prefer weights with a small kernel that will be comfortable to lie on the forearm.
- The handle of the kettlebell.
It should be wider than the core, the shape being close to rectangular, and of such thickness to comfortably fit in hand. With that weighting during the training will not be a “wringing” hands.
- The material weighting.
The best are cast iron weights with rubberized bottom. They have not shifted the center of gravity, they can be without the noise and risk to put on any floor, even tile.
- The weight of the projectile.
It is chosen based on physical abilities and level of training of the athlete. It is recommended that men start training with weights weighing at least 16 kg, 6-10 kg.
The elements and principles of kettlebell fitness classes
For efficiency and injury prevention fitness training with kettlebells should be carried out with the following recommendations:
The basic exercises with weights
Consider a number of best exercises with weights for different parts of the body.
For the back:
For the chest:
Fitness program for training with weights
All items, which includes a fitness program for training, using weights, should I do 10-12 times in 3-4 cycles (for advanced athletes) with a break between sets to 1 minute. Plan a workout:
- squats with the maximum amplitude;
- push a projectile from a standing position (alternately with each hand, then 2 hands);
- lunges forward;
- bench press from a prone position;
- classic push-UPS on the equipment;
- the Romanian deadlift.
The training plan for weight loss:
- Turkish lifts with weighting;
- Mahi with the shell;
- goblet squats;
- aftershocks weights alternately with each hand;
- dead lift of the projectile;
- the thrust of the weighting in the slope;
- Russian twist with weighting material.
Contraindications of kettlebell sport
Weightlifting kind of gym is forbidden to engage in the following health problems:
- high blood pressure;
- heart disease;
- injuries of joints and spine;
- weak hand and wrist.
In addition, kettlebell sport forbidden to children under 14 years of age, such as strength training with weights can prevent the proper formation of bone-muscular system.
Uses photographs Shutterstock