Share in WhatsApp
Fitness with free weights tips for preparing for the exercises
- Rules of calculation of the mass of shells in the exercises with free weights
- Methods for determining maximum weight in the power of fitness
- Recommendations to beginners in fitness training with free weights
Correct working weight is an important caveat, which largely depends on the effectiveness of strength training. Completing exercises with the appropriate weight of the shells, you can quickly achieve substantial growth of muscle and render its relief, and increase physical strength. Moreover, working with weights, the weight of which corresponds to the level of training of the muscles, reduces the risk of sports injuries.
Rules of calculation of the mass of shells in the exercises with free weights
When choosing the weight of the projectile you need to focus on the following criteria:
- the type of exercise.
In power training, all training movements are divided into two types: basic, involving two or more joints, and isolation, where only a single joint. The first is designed for the active recruitment of muscle mass, increase strength and improve the overall level of physical training and the second for focused study muscle groups, which is either lagging behind or needs additional separation. On this basis, it is very important to choose the right weight in the base fitness training sessions to achieve an effective increase of muscle mass;
- the training program, in which classes can wear light, medium, or high-intensity in nature.
Easy exercises involve the use of projectiles, the weight of which does not exceed 65% of the maximum possible fitness classes are of medium intensity with an operating weight of constituting 70-75% of the maximum, and the heavy workout with the weights weighing up to 85% of the maximum permissible mass of shells.
Considering the above criteria and to base the maximum permissible weight of 90 kg, then, for example, when performing a classic bench press the mass of the projectile depending on the intensity of the fitness workout can be:
- 55-60 kg (90*0,65 = 58,5 kg) provided that held a light workout;
- 65-70 kg (90*0,75 = 67,5 kg), if fitness training is in the nature of medium intensity;
- 75 kg (90*0,85= 76,5 kg) — weight of rods when carrying heavy training.
Methods for determining maximum weight in the power of fitness
To determine the maximum permissible weight of the projectile when performing the deadlift, the bench press, squats and other basic exercises, you can use the following methods of calculation:
- take advantage of the universal formula, according to which one must first perform 5 sets of 6 reps each, strictly observing the correct technique.
You should then assess your own feelings and determine whether it is possible to do 6 approach free of technical errors. If so, the weight is insufficient and must be increased. But if exercise in the last, fifth, the approach was carried out to muscle failure and fatigue of the muscles to perform the sixth approach is technically correct, it is not possible, the weight of the shells, must be multiplied by the constant factor 1.2. For example, doing 5 sets of 6 reps deadlift with a barbell weighing 100 kg and experienced severe muscle fatigue, which correctly do all the repetition in the sixth approach is not possible, then the weight of the rod multiplied by 1.2 (100*1,2 = 120). The result of 120 kg is the maximum allowable weight of barbell in this element of fitness training;
- to determine the maximum operating weight empirically by experimenting with a lot of shells.
This method assumes that conducting a good warm-up, after which you need to take a blank fretboard and can do some basic exercise, such as squatting with a barbell. You should then evaluate their feelings and to add to the previous weight 5-10 kg Each time increasing the mass of the projectile, you need to get to the weight that to the limit you can perform only one repetition without serious technical violations. The result can be used later while calculating the working weight in the gym, including squats;
- to use a special program calculator.
This method is convenient, but not always the results obtained are correct and true. For this reason, to prevent the risk of injury during fitness workouts with free weights, you need to use other methods to determine more accurately the maximum allowable weight.
Recommendations to beginners in fitness training with free weights
Beginners in strength training with free weights during baseline of fitness classes it makes sense to use the following useful recommendations that can help you to choose the best weight and achieve a stable progressive increase muscles:
- the choice of mass shells for performing isolation exercises should focus on the individual feelings, condition of muscles and overall physical fitness. Also, be aware that using too much weight can adversely affect the joints that are under extreme pressure when isolating the training;
- the most accurate way to determine the maximum weight is a practical step-by-step increase in the mass of shells. Thus, performing the exercise at the initial stage with a small weight, can be added to the rod from 20-30 kg To adding 5-10 lbs to go, when the weight of the rod is greater than 60 kg;
- if in 2-3 workouts in a row, performing 6 repetitions of any element with the specified weight of each approach will be given easily, and in the body will not have the tension, bordering on muscular failure, it is necessary to increase the burden of the exercise by increasing the weight of the projectiles;
- increasing load and increasing the weight of the rod, you need to act slowly and carefully, adding no more than 2.5 kg at a time. This approach to strength training delivers a consistently progressive result of increasing muscle mass, reducing the risk of injury to a minimum and prevents the occurrence of delayed onset muscle soreness — post-workout muscle pain.
Uses photographs Shutterstock