Share in WhatsApp
Fitness elastic band exercise and training rules
- Tips for choosing a band expander
- The advantages of fitness with elastic band
- Rules of fitness training with fitness band
- Exercises with the fitness band
Fitness elastic band (rubber band, tape expander, Mini Bands) is a sports equipment made of latex tape wrapped ring. It is designed to work out major muscle groups of the body, improving strength and endurance, and perform stretching exercises.
Mini Bands help to improve fitness workouts at home and in the gym without expensive equipment by creating a large additional resistance. One of the main advantages of rubber band is that during fitness activities reduces the load on the musculoskeletal system, joints and ligaments.
Tips for choosing a band expander
To buy quality equipment, you must comply with certain selection criteria of the projectile:
The most quality fitness bands are made from Malaysian latex. It stretches well, but does not crack during the exercise.
Rubber bands are made in different colors not for beauty. The color of the shell indicates its elasticity. Beginners are recommended to choose the ribbon of green (with a force resistance of up to 5 kg) or blue (up to 8kg) colour. Prepared people recommended yellow (up to 12kg) or red (up to 18 kg) tape, experienced athletes – black (to 23 kg).
The longer the rubber band, the better. Beginners are recommended to purchase a shell, a long and 1.2–1.8 m. If necessary, it can be folded in half, which will contribute to an increase in load.
The advantages of fitness with elastic band
Fitness training with elastic tape very effective, and the shell is compact, lightweight – easy to store, carry, and can be used for training anywhere. However, this is not all the advantages of the alternative inventory. Athletes allocate a number of advantages of a belt expander:
- toning of all muscle groups;
- elimination of cellulite and sagging skin;
- providing a uniform load and its control during the whole fitness training;
- reducing excess stress on the joints and ligaments;
- the possibility of training with the fitness band in the presence of a hernia, curvature of the spine, problems with musculoskeletal disorders, postoperative and post-traumatic periods;
- use the shell to perform almost any exercise;
- study of the muscles that are not normally used during basic training;
- the possibility of using 2 and more fitness bands to increase the load.
Rules of fitness training with fitness band
Fitness classes and band expander should be subject to the following recommendations.
Exercises with the fitness band
Lessons with band expander should be carried out to 4-6 times a week for 40 minutes, and for advanced athletes – 60-90 minutes. Exercises you can do 8-15 times in 2-3 sets (for beginners) or not on the account, and the system TABATA – training 45 seconds, 15 seconds break. In each exercise the number of repetitions (or time of training) should be increased by 1-2 bills (2-3 seconds).
- Training for the lower body.
- A set of exercises for the upper body.
- Workout for abs and waist.
Beginners are recommended the first workout to perform in a sparing mode, making between the days of training rest day for muscle recovery. Gradually the load can be increased, combining together the different complexity exercises, increasing the number of sets and repetitions.
Uses photographs Shutterstock