Share in WhatsApp
Fitness and alcohol: effects on metabolism and performance classes
- The effect of alcohol on metabolism in the body
- Alcohol and fitness classes
- The allowable dose of alcohol in the diet
There is probably no such person who does not know about the dangers of alcohol. On this basis, the incompatibility of alcohol and a healthy lifestyle, which also involves proper nutrition and regular fitness training, is obvious. But in life there are moments which usually involve the use of alcoholic beverages, so it is important to know how to behave in such cases, what will be the consequences and how to reduce its harm to the minimum.
The effect of alcohol on metabolism in the body
Considered to be one alcoholic beverages, which is ethanol that has psychoactive properties and can suppress the Central nervous system. Also ethanol affects the metabolism in the body.
In the processing of alcohol in the body, energy is released: 1 g of ethanol releases 7 calories. 3 calories more than during the processing of protein and carbohydrate and 2 calories less than fat synthesis. However, no beneficial nutrients in alcoholic beverages, there can not be, therefore, in the diet of them — only sources of calories.
The human body and its enzyme system for their needs themselves able to produce ethyl alcohol in an amount of 1-8 g, which is easily oxidized, releasing energy, and necessary for the normal course of metabolism in the body. Used also outside ethanol forced to shred the liver, so it is often affected by the abuse of alcohol. When the liver enzymes are not able to process all the amounts of ethanol, the effect of the accumulation of ethanol that leads to intoxication.
Alcohol and fitness classes
Because the alcohol affects the metabolism of the body, this feature certainly affects physical activity, reducing its effectiveness. It should be understood by anyone who leads a bitter struggle with his own body for his perfect and pleasing shape. If you regularly exceed the safe dose of alcoholic beverages, then we should not expect successful weight loss, a stable and effective increase in muscle mass and the development of stamina and improving strength as a result of fitness.
An excessive amount of alcohol in the diet leads to such consequences associated with exercise and impact their efficiency:
- quality decreases muscle protein synthesis.
The process of formation of new muscle cells when muscle protein synthesis as a result of metabolism in the body slows down in average by 22%. In the course of practical studies in 8 volunteers specialists have found that after taking a dose of ethanol in an amount of 1.75 g per kilogram of body weight elevated levels of the hormone cortisol were observed even 24 hours after the experiment. This means that when alcohol to expect rapid gains in muscle mass during strength fitness workouts is not necessary;
- reduced production of pituitary growth hormone — growth hormone, which affects the formation of new muscle cells and muscle growth.
It is scientifically proven that after inclusion in the diet of alcoholic beverages, the mass of ethanol in greater than 35 grams per 70 kilograms of weight, the secretion of growth hormone is suppressed and a decrease in the level of somatotropin within the next three days.
- increases the level of estrogen the decline in the body amount of male hormone — testosterone.
This is due to the occurrence of such processes: a growing number of proteins, one function of which is to bind testosterone, quickens the conversion process of male sex hormone in women — estrogen. For these reasons, especially if the diet contains beer, which has a lot of estrogen-like compounds that the body of a man can take a female shape, accumulating fat on the female type — in the abdomen and thighs;
- the body is dehydrated.
During the utilization of ethanol, the body loses fluid, while dehydration slows down the metabolism in the body, muscle cells are not formed, and the regeneration of muscle fibers and the total recovery of the body slowing down;
- ethanol leaches the body of vitamins and minerals, weakening it.
Therefore, even the lightest fitness classes are given with great difficulty, and their result is close to zero;
- there is a growing appetite and increases the percentage of fatty tissue in the body.
Besides the fact that alcohol itself is the sole source of calories, it stimulates the appetite, increasing the amount of food consumed and the risk of overeating.
The allowable dose of alcohol in the diet
Of course, alcohol is harmful, but if its use can not do better to know what dose will bring the least damage to the body and will not affect the effectiveness of fitness activities. If to take for a basis weight of 75 kilograms, then the following amount of alcohol has such an impact on the human body:
- less than 25 g of ethanol moderate tone the body, while the nervous system and thyroid function slows and the adrenal medulla, on the contrary — aktiviziruyutsya. The breakdown of fat cells slows, but catabolism of muscle cells still occurs in standard mode. The ratio of fat and muscle cells is changed toward the increase of fats;
- alcohol in the amount of 25-35 grams, which corresponds to 90 ml of vodka, stimulates release of the hormone cortisol into the bloodstream. Ethyl alcohol in such a quantity not more tones the body, and the number of new cells formed is equal to the number of old disintegrated;
- the amount of ethanol in the amount of more than 35 g inhibits the production of growth hormone and all anabolic processes in the body, making fitness classes useless. In the body begins to dominate the trend to the accumulation of fatty deposits on the background of reduced muscle mass.
Thus, for a man weighing 75 kilograms is the safest dose of alcohol that contains less than 30 g of ethanol. Is the number of alcoholic drinks consumed not more than once every 4-5 days the body will cause minimal damage and virtually no impact on the effectiveness of fitness activities.