The classic dumbbell bench press on incline bench – exercise for developing chest muscles. This is the basic movement known since the “Golden era” of bodybuilding. Dumbbells started harvesting earlier than the bar. Many bodybuilders believe the movement is more profitable to build outstanding volume of muscles than the bench press barbell because with dumbbells muscles work at full amplitude. Individuals, however, manage to say that to press the dumbbells beginners not worth it, and only need to work in the gym. But really, nothing complicated about this exercise, no. It is important to learn how to do it correctly from the beginning.
- 1 Correct technique
- 2 Recommendations
- 3 Analysis exercises
- 3.1 Working muscles
- 3.2 advantages of the dumbbell bench press
- 3.3 Disadvantages of dumbbell bench press
- 4, the Correct implementation
- 4.1 Error
- 4.2 efficiency Advice
- 5 inclusion in the program
It would seem, what could be simpler – put a back on the bias 30 degrees, sit on a bench, dumbbell in hand and lowered and presses the scapula and the pelvis, bring the dumbbells up, drop, squeeze. But there are “grounds for discussion”:
- Some coaches believe a technical error dumbbell bench press lying, if the back is in a natural trough. They believe this deflection analogous to wearing this Elevator operator’s “bridge” and say that it is not possible to pump breast;
- Others argue that when the mixing blades and lowering them to the floor, and rigid fixation of the pelvis, no matter where the waist of the athlete. Not much point in her “violent” pressed against the bench no. But head shoulders, looking forward is a violation of the anatomical plane of operation of the joint, and cause of injury
Does the chest if the loin is separated from the shop? Yes, because otherwise to start from the bottom position of the bench just not possible. In order to achieve emphasis, you should just completely lower the dumbbells.
Is it possible to be injured if the back of the bench bend? Also Yes, but only unstable when the athlete is on the bench, his legs relaxed, and the top of the “assembled” but not correctly. There is a view of bringing to the ears of the trapezius muscle.
Actually, proper technique is possible with
- Taken away from ears shoulders;
- The assembled blades;
- Hard focus stop at the floor without slippage;
- Work on the correct trajectory, without dropping the dumbbells to the eyes
The back should be stable and not neutral. Not allowed “jumping” on the bench, trying to push the weight up, and changing the position of the lower back. If it is slightly arched, and the athlete comfortable in that position – nothing to worry about.
Technically, the bench is:
- The athlete sits on a bench, driving the blades and removes the shoulders from the ears;
- He then falls to its original position;
- The assistant helps to bring the dumbbells to the level of a line passing through the plane of the middle of the chest;
- Dumbbell vultures perpendicular to the spine, grip the straight and closed;
- Hall wrist is eliminated;
- On the inhale dumbbells down to the bottom point of the amplitude, if possible, closer to the point at which the Griffon could lie down on the chest in the bench press;
- On the exhale, consciously need to stretch the chest and push the dumbbells up;
- Another controversial point is the position of the elbows. Straighten completely or leave it slightly bent? If the shells are not lost when the “soft elbows”, and you can’t straighten them completely. But those athletes who can’t hold the dumbbells so that they are vultures remained stable, have to use a smaller weight of the projectile and insert elbows.
- When performing bench press for chest development follow the angle of the bench. If the backrest is tilted at an acute angle, the load shifts to the front of the Delta. Ideal places to position the bench under 30-45 degrees and no more;
- No need to choose too heavy weights. Lot of weight provides significant hypertrophy, but if the athlete cannot hold the vultures in the same plane, to “pull” the dumbbells up in one direction, and actively peremeshivaete with elbows, it provokes a trauma. A small “shaking” of the muscles and instability allowed on the last reps.
- To avoid overloading of the cervical spine. Athletes who rotate the head during the exercise, try to shift the weight on the neck, and is actively overloading the cervical spine can cause a pinched nerve. If there is an overwhelming desire to get up in the likeness of a bridge based on the neck, don’t flatter yourself – dumbbell too heavy, you should choose the adequate weight. If this error persists regardless of the weight of the dumbbells, it is necessary to enclose under the bench fucking or any other support, since it is just too low and the athlete because of this “warps”;
- With self-capture of dumbbells without the help of the belayer, they do not pick up on biceps, and do not start from the floor. They have to thighs and up due to the push of the feet;
- Before you press the dumbbells, you need to align your back on a bench and stabilize your body position so that when lowering the dumbbells stretched chest
In order to achieve the harmonious development of the muscles of the chest should be evenly lower both dumbbells down so that the movement required to engage the front of the Delta to align the shells. If the athlete can’t work evenly, you should keep an eye on posture. In scoliosis, it is recommended to press first one hand and then the other. His free hand pressed against the body, or excreted in the dumbbell up, if the weight of the projectile allows it to do.
Selection of dumbbell weights — the most “painful” topic for beginners. After all, the bench press serves as a kind of measure of strength and success in the courtroom. Because many are grabbing the heaviest dumbbells and try to shake them with all possible equipment violations. This is a big mistake. Basic motion with dumbbells only effective if used in the technically correct option. “Skewed” presses in addition to the injury of wrists and shoulders are no good.
The exercise is done through fear, is a more rational option. Harvesting very light dumbbells for 10-12 kg does not make sense, men with average physical development, and in weight from 70 kg to start with 18-20 kg for 8 reps, or use a little less weight to warm up, and gradually increase it to working approaches.
The movement should be performed with an open grip, when the thumb is not subdued to the dumbbell neck, and the shells can slide.
Does it make sense to make a short note of the dumbbells at the top point of the amplitude of the exercises, as advised to do some bodybuilders? It is not always justified, rather not justified in most cases. When the person brings the dumbbells to the discs touched each other, the work included not only the chest muscles, but the trapezius and shoulders. Because in the initial stages the way of fitness can we not do that.
To avoid the crease in the wrist to help correct the location of the fretboard. It needs to be put on the middle of the palm, not the fingers, then grip will be active, and exercise is not traumatic.
A separate issue is the conclusion of the shells to the head. Many believe that exercise should be done in the trajectory as close as possible to the neck, but it’s not. Lower the dumbbells to chest maximum stretch and could be reduced in an anatomically provided for the amplitude.
Main propulsion –large and small chest muscles, triceps and anterior deltoid. Help traffic biceps, back muscles, and is partly serrated and trapezius muscles. The legs work as stabilizers.
Advantages of the dumbbell bench press
Exercise does not require special training, if the violation of the biomechanics of the upper body, you can perform the bench press with light weights, even if the elbows are bent differently, or slightly damaged innervation or damaged chest muscles. Because dumbbell presses are often included in rehabilitation programs.
The movement allows you to balance the development of left and right sides of the body, which is important both for aesthetics in bodybuilding and power in the bench press and powerlifting. Dumbbell bench press get rid of the distortions of the rod in the classic bench press, and help to more actively integrate neuromuscular connection failure with chest.
Dumbbell bench press helps to work out the “top” breast, which is important for women who want to have good form. Exercise is not able to distort the shape of the breast, or to affect the mammary gland itself, because it can easily be done by anyone who wants to improve your fitness.
The movement allows you to perform work at the higher amplitude, actively involving the muscles of the chest, not only triceps and deltas. In this sense, the dumbbell bench press on an incline “better” of the bench press, and can replace it for purposes related to the aesthetics of the body.
Cons of dumbbell bench press
Movement difficult to implement if there is a curvature of the spine in the thoracic. In this case, we recommend push-UPS, push-UPS from the platform, hinges, supports or presses in the simulator browsing.
Dumbbell press can and should be, actively straining the muscles of the back and legs, if it is not available yet, you should choose exercises in the gym.
Alone is hard to take a lot of weight, needed insuring, and for high-performance athletes – two assistants.
But the main drawback of the exercise is not in himself, and in equipment purchased for the fitness clubs. For people above 180cm tall standard fitness bench is too low, and because to take the correct starting position is almost impossible. If harvesting is not convenient because of growth, it is necessary to adjust the position of the bench, resting on abutments pancakes for the rod.
The correct execution
You can control yourself on the following parameters:
- The athlete touches the bench back of the head, shoulder blades and pelvis;
- The shells fall in a line passing through the center of the chest and may rise into the line of collarbones;
- The trajectory of the press is not linear, but elliptical;
- During movement are eliminated promote weight unintentional pauses throughout the amplitude, and actively help the body;
- Exhalation is the effort on the inhale to lower the dumbbell, as if revealing the rib cage;
- Shoulders and elbows must be tightly controlled to prevent their “break” and unnatural trajectory.
Technical error in press dumbbells – this takes rounds to the eyes and to the stomach, irregular press, offset dumbbell and not hard enough.
A separate category of errors arises from the fact that the athlete’s sliding foot, or he freely offers them on the floor, refusing rigid fixation.
Tips for efficiency
You must follow the trajectory of dumbbells, to choose the shells of adequate training level of weight, and not to forget that the mechanics of the movement consists of lowering and lifting and lowering in error (too high or low) can cause problems with the trajectory of the press.
Inclusion in the program
For the bodybuilder or fitnessista this may be the first exercise, like building muscle mass, and volume. The movement is performed in the 8-15 reps, sometimes practice and repeat 4-6 sets for strength development.
If the motion is included in the program after the bench press, allowed 12-15 repetitions. The number of workers approaches depend on the level of the athlete. It is advisable to do them at least 2-3 more is possible if the athlete is recovering normally.
Dumbbell bench press lying not only allows you to build an aesthetic chest muscles, but also strengthens the shoulder joints, when done correctly. Observe the technique, and you will reach your training goals.