Deadlift – weight lifting from the floor. It is performed by muscles of the “posterior chain” — the muscles of the hips, gluteus and back muscles. Pull barbells and dumbbells there are many dead shock and jerk, Romanian deadlift classic. The ignorance of many coaches of terminology adds to the confusion. Some examples of call of the dead craving the word “deadlift”, although this concept in the English language applicable to the classic deadlift. Others believe that the Romanian deadlift is for fitness, and the classics – only for powerlifting, others start each video tutorial with stories about girls who can’t do deadlifts of any kind, except for “Romanian woman”. Actually, the classic deadlift is a basic exercise that is used as a competitive in strongman and powerlifting. A dead Romanian and others like them – support a preparatory exercise for the hamstring and gluteal muscles. Sex also has no traction. No special male muscle pull from the classics in women is not growing. Another thing – she’s a little less considering the buttocks, but it is now all about her.
- 1 When can I do exercise
- 2 Working muscles
- 3 in terms of Confusion
- 4 Technique
- 5 Differences between the types of rods
- 5.1 Than the Romanian deadlift differs from the dead
- 5.2 Romanian deadlift from classic
- 5.3 the Difference between a standard thrust from the dead
- 6 Which option to choose
- 7 What to replace
When you can do the exercise
Science-based fitness criterion one – the client can take the slope with a perfectly flat back so that the neck went below the knees, at about mid-calf. If this flexibility yet, it is recommended that stretching of the biceps of the thighs, buttocks, and back muscles, as well as isolated work for back by using hyperextension, and hamstrings with flexion. Buttocks in this case, the pump reverse hyperextension. Any beginner with proper attention to stretching will be able to perform first a dead rod with a small weight in a few months.
Important: stretching should not be “solo” in the training plan. It is performed after the complex strength exercises for the muscles of the back and legs. The most simple stretching exercise is to sit on your buttocks on the floor, and perform bevel cuts to the feet.
In terms of training, this exercise is not put first. For those who have no purpose to study the basic exercises, it is placed after the leg press in the middle or narrow setting a stop. For a more balanced plans – after the classic deadlift, or pull sumo, if it is more suitable athlete for anthropometric indicators.
It is wrong that dead lift “pumping pain”. If such pain arise, it is necessary to eliminate the hypertonicity of the piriformis muscle, herniation, protrusion and pinched nerves. “Just continue to swing with light weight” no, a doctor should be consulted. Many people pull really helps with the back pain, because holding a weight in this way helps to “release” the nerve roots pinched from poor posture in sedentary work. But “to be treated with traction” will not recommend any doctor, especially if no accurate diagnosis.
Fitness any back pain – the cause exception, the thrust of the training plan.
Dead lift is so loved by bikinidare and their Pets for one reason only – it allows you to work the quadriceps, and therefore to avoid increasing the volume of the thighs “male type”. Classic traction failure occurs due to the quads that allow you how to start from the floor. In the “dead” deadlift weight lifting is due to the work of the biceps and buttocks.
- Extensor muscle of the back;
- The hamstrings;
As stabilizers working press, latissimus dorsi, quadriceps, obliques. This movement allows you to learn how to breathe correctly in traction under load, but not conducive to the expansion of the chest. Muscles inner thighs are also involved in the work at stabilization.
Confusion in terms of
“Male and female” coaches love to say that dead lift – female. What. They can tell that to Phil Heath, who regularly performs this exercise. Or millions of such well-known powerlifters, for whom the dead lift, the second auxiliary movement on the hamstring after the tilt by standing with a barbell.
Ordinary people often confuse:
- Dead thrust, that is thrust on straight legs;
- Deadlift, competition powerlifting exercise;
- Romanian deadlift
It is an exercise in Russian coaching practice is often called “deadlift”. The term went from the English bills of journals. In the Soviet textbooks on weightlifting movement called the “slope of the post in the hands”, “Romanian” pull as such was not identified, a similar exercise called “push-pull”.
For your convenience, the “Romanian” deadlift is a tilt over the bar with slightly bent knees. Flexing helps to overcome the dead point, and lower the bar below. Therefore, contrary to popular belief, “Romanian” is not an exercise of “isolating the hamstrings and glutes”, and the movement, which shifts the burden to the waist. Therefore, science-based training plans it is executed with weights from small to medium, and does not serve for the production of law enforcement records.
Dead pull or deadlift on straight legs is called so just because of the locked knees, the movement in the hamstrings and buttocks, and less lumbar. Deadlifts in the classics is characterized in that the weight each time falls on a floor, and it breaks down due to the repulsion from the floor with their feet. It is a mistake to assume that deadlifts in the classics – is a hybrid of a squat and thrust. The angle of flexion in the knees can be quite large, the difference is movement, or more precisely – the vector of the force. The movement is initiated by pushing the feet on the floor, and always starts with the footwork, not from the back.
Technically correctly perform this movement will help one simple life hack. For starters, learn to lean forward with a straight back, standing on straight legs. The position of the hands moving along the hips.
The order of execution like this:
- Rod is taken from the racks straight grip or grip-lock, if necessary, use straps. The grip is an essential part of exercise, requires great concentration on the legs and buttocks;
- On the inhale is done forward with a straight back by bending at the hip joint;
- Knee joints straight and as if blocked, move your knees;
- The depth of the slope is determined by the ability to keep a straight back, as soon as the back starts to bend in the lumbar, need to start moving up;
- Allowable depth of tilt – any amplitude below the knee;
- Flattening occurs on the exhalation;
- The movement is required a movement in the knees is eliminated;
- Throw your head back should not need to try to keep it neutral, neck – spinal column, staring at the ceiling, as do some athletes, lifting a lot of weight in a classic deadlift, you should not
Important: you should not even try to take in this exercise the weight that you could raise in a classic deadlift.
The differences between the types of rods
What is the difference in technique between the types of rods? Strange, but all three pull a fundamentally different starting position and technique.
Than the Romanian deadlift differs from the dead
The Romanian people cravings called exercise for the lower back. This is not quite correct from the point of view of methodology, but the feeling passes very accurately. When the weight of the rod rises at the bent legs, the force part are given in the lower back.
- Rod is removed from the racks, after the withdrawal occurs slight bend in both the knee joints. Symmetrical front, the heel can be placed under the pelvic bones, or slightly narrower, toes slightly diluted or write in parallel, as convenient;
- Tilt is performed by bending at the hip joint on the exhale. The task of the stomach is to keep the spine stable, so to push forward the abdominal wall;
- Vulture glides over the body, touches it all over-amplitude “drop” from the body of the post, not worth;
- The reverse movement starts with reducing the gluteal muscles, exhale is at stress;
- The Romanian deadlift is reminiscent of the abduction of the pelvis back, and bringing it to the middle line, when the athlete straightens up.
Romanian deadlifts from the classic
The Romanian deadlift does not involve the complete lowering of the weight to the floor. Therefore, in endurance sports it is defined as “the inclination with a barbell in straight arms” and not as “cravings.” In the classics the athlete starts from the floor, he rests his feet, rips the rod from the platform, and raises it, moving the neck along the body. Fixing the weight at the top, with laid back shoulders. Not allowed double movement of the neck to the body, that is, the movement up and down during lifting.
The difference between a standard thrust from the dead
Here the differences are obvious. Dead lift is the incline with the bar on straight legs. Pancakes of the floor can not touch. The classic deadlift is always done from the floor, and flexion in the knee joint is. Some athletes prefer to run a classic pull from the floor with a high start. They are minimally bent legs, but only so their body takes the optimum position for removal of the weight from the floor, and the most stable focus.
The main mistakes:
- Bending the legs at the knee joint in a dead-drawn is a technical error. Moreover, it is not recommended to change the angle in your knees during exercise;
- The lowering of the weight by inertia, that is, cast the rod down, can cause injuries;
- Rounding of the spine in the thoracic and lumbar is a mistake. If the classic deadlift rounding in the thoracic spine is not a technical mistake, and not only allowed the “hump” in the lumbar, this auxiliary exercise, the back must remain straight;
- Not allowed too small a movement, when the rod is not lowered below the knees;
- You want to strengthen your back so that it was not necessary to throw the head when lifting the weight up;
- Most of the technical errors is due to selection of inappropriately heavy weights. Not allowed and “jerking” the weight of the shoulder, that is a shrug along with traction.
Which option to choose
Deadlifts in the classic exercise for developing strength and muscle growth. Beginners encouraged to start learning pull from it. Romanian deadlifts – for those who need to develop muscles of the hips and buttocks, plus strengthen the lower back, and dead lift – for the isolated study of the biceps of the thighs and buttocks.
In training plans for strength-power athletes, all three thrust occur in varying degrees. For fitnessista the most secure option is the Romanian deadlift, but the deadlift on straight legs is not available to all, it is basically designed for people with good flexibility.
What to replace
If the basic exercises to perform for some reason does not work, to develop the muscles of the “posterior chain”:
- Reverse hyperextension;
- Direct hyperextension;
- Exercise “Goodmorning”;
- The flexion of the legs in the simulator lying and standing;
- The extension of the hips while standing with weight
In the training, when the craving is not contraindicated, these exercises are used as an auxiliary.