Athletes, bodybuilders, admirers of a healthy diet and lifestyle are paying close attention to their diet. There are many supplements that are recommended for consumption to those who care about their own health. The substance was subjected to numerous studies for several years. It has a healing capacity and can heal the body. Curcumin helps to improve strength and increase muscle mass. The compound has a variety of nutrients, but not all know in what quantities and how to take it.
To achieve significant results in sports, it is necessary to pay attention not only to training but also full proper nutrition. An important role in the diet play various additives. Useful and valuable properties of curcumin, which is an active biological substance, is tested not only for centuries, but modern research. Curcumin is a compound that is required for everyone who seeks to improve physical characteristics.
- 1 What is curcumin?
- 2 Useful properties
- 2.1 the Prevention and treatment of diseases
- 2.2 the Use of curcumin in sports and bodybuilding
- 3 How to take?
- 4 Contraindications and harm
What is curcumin?
The substance is a chemical compound of natural origin. It is contained in the root system of a plant which belongs to the family of Ginger or Curcuma longa. Curcumin is not made fresh, and from the dried underground parts. The rhizome of the plant is dried and ground into a powder having the aroma and bright yellow color. It is a seasoning that gives the dish flavor, zesty sharpness, appetizing Golden hue.
Since ancient times, turmeric was valued for its healing properties. In Eastern traditional medicine it was often used for the treatment of various ailments. The pigment, which contains a compound used used for dyeing fabrics.
Specific tone, which has the powder of turmeric, obtained thanks to this special compound like curcumin. It has a crystal structure and belongs to the class of polyphenols, is perfectly dissolved by ethyl alcohol, but not plain water. It is obtained by extraction of the powder obtained from turmeric, in several different stages, resulting alcoholic solution bright yellow.
Natural dye, which is called E100, is actively used in the food industry. It gives the product a yellowish tint. It is used in the manufacture of margarine, confectionery, cheeses, drinks. It was originally used as a dye, but with the discovery of useful properties of this compound were used as the active supplements.
A beneficial effect on the body was not fully explored even today. Some medicinal properties of curcumin are still being clinical studies. Confirmed valuable properties, it is sufficient to assert that the high biological value of curcumin, so the Supplement recommended to include in your diet to all who are watching their own health and active in sports.
Prevention and treatment of diseases
Curcumin has high therapeutic properties. It is used for prevention and therapy of numerous diseases:
- Reduces the risk of development of Alzheimer’s. At UCLA, conducted numerous studies, which revealed that the compound is able to destroy beta-amyloid, which are the main provocateurs of the development of the disease. This discovery explained that the people of India and adjacent countries, whose diet abundant curcumin, to a lesser extent prone to Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
- Increases the protective functions of the body. Supplement has high immunomodulatory property.
- Acts as anti-inflammatory. The connection helps to reduce the risk of inflammatory processes.
- Reduces the risk of developing depression and nervous disorders. The substance has the effect of anti-depressant.
- Is the prevention of colds. Curcumin has antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Suppresses the development of tumors. Coloring pigment additives, as research has shown, significantly reduces and destroys cancer cells, protecting healthy tissue inviolable. Today there are a number of studies based on this material to develop anticancer drugs.
- Protects and shields the body from aging. The coloring pigment of turmeric is a powerful antioxidant. A similar effect has been confirmed by various studies. This compound capable of destroying free radicals that accelerate the aging process and protect the body from oxidative stress.
Multilateral positive impact makes turmeric one of the most useful supplements.
The use of curcumin in sports and bodybuilding
The most useful properties of the additive are of special importance for bodybuilders and athletes in General. Curcumin serves as a basis for the creation of effective means having the following positive effects:
- Antibacterial. The substance prevents the breakdown of protein in muscle tissue. It prevents the loss of lean muscle mass on drying, breaks in training, cachexia, which occurs in severe diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory. The increase in muscle volume is accompanied by appearance of microcracks and inflammation. Curcumin prevents inflammation in muscle tissue and reduce delayed onset muscle soreness. It protects the joints from heavy loads and prevents the development of inflammatory processes, reducing pain. Admission substances on a regular basis is the prevention of arthrosis, arthritis.
- Enhances the effect of insulin. The body’s cells become more sensitive to crusadea pigment. Anabolic effect of this hormone increases dramatically.
- It increases testosterone in men. This effect of curcumin has no scientific evidence, but evidence of declining levels of estrogen, which is the antagonist of testosterone, exist. There is another important effect of curcumin is to protect the eggs from adverse environmental factors, as well as from the harmful effects of alcohol.
Inhibition of catabolic processes, the protection of the joints from inflammation, enhance the anabolic effect, increasing the levels of testosterone make the material very useful for athletes.
How to take?
In Asian countries and India turmeric is used in rather large quantities. They do not think about proper supplementation, benefit without any effort, just by using the substance as an aromatic seasoning to give food a special taste.
Curcumin in India is eaten as a mixture in the composition of the spices, like curry. It contains black pepper, which increases the degree of absorption of this compound. People who decide to follow this example, you should take turmeric with ground black pepper. Due to this, the Supplement is absorbed 20 times better and stronger.
To get even more benefit from this connection, it is necessary to insist not only powder with ground black pepper, but the olive oil. Alternatively, you can use vegetable. The difficulty in the use of curcumin is to calculate optimal dosages. The amount of the fresh rhizome of curcumin is about five percent.
The content of substances in dry powder increases. The optimal daily norm, this seasonings is one gram for every ten kilogram of body weight. Pepper you need to take in much smaller quantity. To eat this amount of seasoning can only true fans of spicy food. Rest is recommended to use curcumin capsules. They are available from many manufacturers of sports nutrition and pharmaceutical companies may contain auxiliary components, extract of black pepper or ginger, bromelain, vitamin D3.
The drug recommended to accept according to the instructions. The optimal dose is from one to three a day during the meal. The course lasts thirty days. If the effect is minimal, take the capsules on a regular basis.
Contraindications and harm
The capsules of curcumin are safe and do not cause side effects and addiction. They are contraindicated in children under 14 years of age, women during pregnancy and lactation, before and after surgery, people with allergic reaction to some component.
Encountered in selling drugs without piperine. They are shown to receive people with problems of the urinary organs, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, and gall bladder. The presence in the additive of black pepper may cause acute irritation of the mucosa.
To prefer the version without the content of piperine should when taking aspirin and other anticoagulants, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, theophylline, carbamazepin, rifampicin, chlorzoxazone and so on.
In day it is recommended to take no more than 8 grams of curcumin. Overdose leads to:
- yellowing of the chair.
If you follow the recommended dosages taking this Supplement, you can greatly improve your sport achievements, as well as strengthen their own health.