Core muscles are involved in almost every movement, so it is important to maintain them in good shape. This group is one of the most vulnerable parts of the body as any workout with weak muscles-stabilizers can contribute to injury. Where are they located in the body and how to strengthen them – read the article.
Core muscles: what is it?
Many people believe that core muscles – nothing like the straight abdominal muscles (the press), but actually is a complex of muscles, which is responsible for almost every movement.
Think about it: after the push-UPS from the floor first thing in tired muscles of the hips and abdomen and then chest. With insufficient development of the first trauma of the lower back is very likely. Another important point – the core muscles affect your posture and spine. Exercises aimed at this group, form a beautiful posture.
There are 3 levels of the depth of this muscle group:
- The first (straight, outer abdominal muscles, latissimus, gluteus, adductor, trapezius muscle).
- The second (internal obliques, infraspinatus muscle, and those that straighten the spine).
- The third (transverse abdominis, diaphragm, partitioned, muscles of the lower back and pelvic floor).
In any movement works cor: when you get out of bed without lower back pain when falling, slipping on the ice. It is responsible for the correct group of muscles and prevents injuries.
Core muscles: that it is for our body. Basic functions
The functions of the cortex are manifold, among them:
- correct load distribution when lifting, running, walking, changing posture, etc.;
- fixation of the internal organs in the right position and maintaining good intra-abdominal pressure;
- prevention of hernias;
- the execution of movements that require complex coordination;
- thrust, pushing objects (to get the object from the top shelf, move a heavy dresser).
Coordinated work of all levels of the group depends on good muscular shape of each link, and maintaining the stability of the body during activity protects from unwanted injuries.
How to determine the strength of the muscles bark
Andy Waldheim, an Austrian researcher, established 5 components of the stability of the cortex: control of movement, flexibility, endurance, power potential and functionality.
Using exercise isolated exercise, be careful – you can miss the opportunity to develop strength or to learn to control these muscles. For example, without effective control of movements, the remaining four components do not work consistently: fish out of water cannot swim, at least be strong and tough enough.
To measure the stability of the crust, use the functional assessment of movements FNS (from the English. – Functional Movement Screen).
FNS – a system of 7 tests to evaluate basic motor capabilities of the athlete, developed by the American physiotherapists gray cook and Lee Burton.
Test the stability of the crust using the push UPS:
It is important that the hands slid down his stomach and chest off the floor simultaneously, and the body was raised as one. If at least one of the criteria is missing, the test is not counted.
Let us now try to estimate the power. Static muscle strength determines placket, including lateral, and dynamic strength – the knees up to the chest and the leg lifts on the bar. Criteria for passing test the following:
- hold plank for 90 seconds;
- side plank – 60 seconds;
- 5 pull-UPS, knees to chest, and 5 elevations in feet to the bar for maximum passing score;
- 1 repetition deadlift, for best results – with an average weight.
Test exercises will be useless if you do not follow the right technique. You must take into account:
- when you run the bar, the back remains straight, must work the quads, buttocks and the abdominal rectus muscles, then there and the deflection in the lower back;
- while the side plank elbow should be exactly under your shoulder, and stop one another. The position of the direct – horizontal and vertical;
- for lifting the legs, you first need to check if the shoulders are aligned is the key to the security of the shoulder joint. Seek to lower the shoulders, when hanging on the bar. To reach full range of motion, need to work not impulsive, but completely controlling the movement at the expense of muscle. Pain should not be.
Approximate training program
- Pushups – 6 sets with 6 repetitions. You can start with the hills, gradually reducing the height or do the exercise with a rubber band.
- Bar – 6 sets of 15 seconds advanced can perform plank with knees.
- Side plank – 3 sets of 15 seconds.
The second day.
- Plank with knee – 4 sets of 30 seconds.
- Plank in a sideways bend – 4 sets of 5 for each side.
The third day.
- Push-UPS on hand from the hill – 10 sets of 2 repetitions. You can use the expander.
- Plank 3 times for 40 seconds.
- Side plank – 4 sets of 35 seconds.
- Walking on hands and feet (knees) – 20 meters 5 times.
- Strap – 2-3 minutes. A break of not more than 20 seconds.
The fifth day.
- Throw ball from chest – 5×6. Don’t do too much work, concentrate on proper body position.
- Leg lifts – 4 sets of 8 times. Between repetitions does not fall on the floor.
- And video side plank – 5 minutes. If you keep the bar became difficult, do burpee 5 times.
Repeat this exercise for two weeks, increasing the complexity gradually. When running tests in frontal and side plank will go easy, you can add another set of exercises.
- Deadlifts – 3 sets of 10. The most important thing while performing exercises is to maintain the correct body position and give a suitable load.
- For the unprepared – vis on the bar – 4 to 15 seconds, lifting knees to chest – 3х8.
Instead of the horizontal bar you can use gymnastics rings or the Roman chair.
- Deadlifts – 4×8 with an increase of 10% compared to last workout, weight.
- Pull UPS with leg lifts – 5 sets of 6.
Trained core muscles is a lot of advantages in sports and everyday life: perfect balance, strong back, etc. So when do you start training in the gym, try the fortress of his frame, or give him special attention, applying the appropriate exercises.