Concentrated lifting on a biceps, you can often see in the halls. There is a perception that it helps to pump the biceps muscle to the peaks. But scientifically the possibility of appearance of peaks in the hand of a man who is genetically predisposed to it until proven. However, exercise popular. It allows the use of small and average weight, and to work out both biceps symmetrically.
- 1 Technique
- 1.1 Recommendations
- 2 embodiments
- 3 Analysis exercises
- 3.1 Working muscles
- 3.2 Advantages
- 3.3 Disadvantages
- 3.4 Preparation
- 3.5 Proper execution
- 3.6 Error
- 3.7 Tips for efficiency
- 4 inclusion in the program
- 5 Contraindications
- 6 Interesting fact
- 7 Replacement and similar exercises
- By reducing biceps arm bent at the elbow joint;
- At the top, at the peak of the contraction, stay, straining biceps;
- Hand bend slowly and controlled;
- Inhale – down, exhale on the contraction;
- There are no pauses, you should immediately move in the opposite direction, and again to reduce muscles;
- The movement is done in the same amount of reps
- The wrist exercise should not bend to not use the “extra” muscles, and take pressure off the biceps;
- The movement is not “sharpened” under execution with significant weights weights. It would be better if it will run with such weight that the hoist will remain concentrated, and the elbow will not move relative to the thigh;
- Should be given the elbow from the hip, otherwise it defeats the whole point of the exercise;
- To drop the barbell down and perform an aggressive extension to “click” in the joint is also not recommended;
- The body does not need to perform a “swing” and movement, help push the weight up;
- You should not take the entire weight of the projectile “into the joint” actively resting in the thigh with his elbow.
- The main mover is the biceps of the arm;
Muscle-assistants – brachialis, muscles of the forearm.
- This is the high-amplitude movement, it helps to stretch the biceps;
- The simple equipment allows you to train at home or in the most basic room;
Many variations of exercises help to perform the movement in all conditions;
- Empirically proven that this exercise can make the hands look more voluminous, and help with the construction of a “peak” of the bicep, though studies and electromyography do not prove this;
- Completely eliminated to help with the buildup, the elbows are fixed;
- There is variation – when you lift the dumbbell not bronirovanii and spinaround grip, you can use the brachioradialis muscle;
- The exercise is technically simple, does not require significant skills can be performed by beginners and pros.
- This exercise eliminates the use of substantial weights. It is designed to “hone” forms, not in order to build large amounts of muscles of the hands. Practicing only with this movement is unlikely to “shake” hands
In order to pump the biceps in a concentrated style, it is necessary first to get limbered up. Despite its apparent simplicity, the exercise may not be safe if performed actively, adding a working weight with no warm up. Rarely begins with a concentrated lifting on a biceps, usually first in the workout are exercises on the back, or other movements for biceps, and somewhere towards the end of the workout is this exercise.
Upgrades in the concentrated style is often used in various ways to increase training volume and intensity. Some athletes like to do this exercise with dropsite, others only in 3-4 approaches of 12-15 reps, but carefully tracking every movement.
The correct execution
- Feet need to breed as widely as possible. Too narrow statement of the feet in the sitting position can lead to blockage of the body in one direction or another. To actively breed your knees so that the situation was stable. Optimal load will help you to choose not only the correct spacing of the feet, but also active involvement in the work of the muscles of the thighs. The feet need to start from the floor. The bench should not be too high, so the knee was bent at an obtuse angle;
- The movement occurs only at the expense of the forearm. The elbow rests on the hip throughout the exercise that provides a stable position of the shoulder and disabling him from work;
- This bending must be performed with maximum concentration on the biceps, the athlete is recorded at the highest point and reduces as muscle;
- To reset the arm with the dumbbell down is not necessary, it is recommended to lower slowly and under control;
- The exhalation is carried out when lifting the weight, inhale when lowering
- Cheating case;
- The lead hand from the hip;
- “Standing” at the elbow joint
Tips for efficiency
- This “dobivanie” exercise. All movements are performed with relatively light weight. You can try to run “after the failure of” helping yourself with your free hand;
- In this exercise, you will effectively work 2-3 drop set with lighter weight;
- Individual athletes like to use rubber dampers for the biceps when he put them on the hand and how would “locking” the blood in the biceps to increase the burden
Inclusion in the program
This movement can hardly be put in the first plan. Few starts with it, except that those who are working arms 3 times a week, and have a light workout in the midst of all this abundance of exercises for the biceps. Some athletes seek to run a concentrated bending 2-3 movement, but this is not true. By its very nature, it can only be the final.
Usually performed 2-3 sets of 10-12 repetitions in the approach. It is possible to increase up to 12-15, it is the individual indicator.
- Any injury to the target muscle groups, including tears and ruptures, which are quite typical for the power sports are contraindicated for biceps workout;
- Required and good health of the ligaments of the elbow joint. In addition, inflammatory and degenerative processes in the elbows and wrists serving a definite contraindication for performing this movement.
Scientists of the American College of sports medicine measured the activity of muscle fibers in the process of flexion on a biceps. Concentrated lifting involves the whole 97% of muscle fibers. It’s more than the classic lifting of a weight on a biceps standing. But the study did not prove that this is the most effective exercise for recruiting the total mass of the arm muscles. Still believed to be the best in this regard – pull on the bar and lifts the stays on the biceps standing.
Replacements and similar exercises
Roughly similar to the biomechanics of movement — lifting one dumbbell on the bench Larry Scott. Changes only the amplitude, on the Scott bench, it is smaller, but the athlete can get more load by increasing the working weights.
But most often the movement is replaced by a concentrated lifting on a biceps, one hand on the lower block of the crossover. The rope of the simulator attach the D-shaped handle, and bend the arm, bringing the hand to the shoulder.
This exercise can be replaced and a concentrated lift with rubber shock absorbers, especially in the training aimed at rehabilitation.
To perform a concentrated lifting on a biceps in a conventional manner and supination of the wrist. Rotate the hand or not, everyone chooses their own. In this regard, athletes must carefully choose the load for themselves. The movement should be included in training of the arms or back and biceps 1 time a week if I train arms 2 times a week and the athlete’s specialization makes sense in one workout to perform this movement, the other climbs on the Scott bench or the other concentrated on the biceps curl with a barbell.